Topic: Problems posting?

Hi,

Is anyone else having problems posting? I've been trying to post a reply on a thread and am having trouble with the text box. The scroll bar to the right hand side of the box keeps flickering up and down and I am only able to post about 20 lines of text. When I get down to about 20 lines, the text box does not scroll down any further so I can't write anymore and the scroll bar at the side keeps flickering up and down.

This has been happening for a few hours this morning. I've logged out and back into the site several times but it keeps happening. I then wrote my reply in Notepad and tried to copy it into the thread, but all i get are the first 20 lines or so of text and no more.

Anyone else having this trouble?

Cheers

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Re: Problems posting?

No, everything is fine in Phoenix, Gavin.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Hi Gavin,

I didn't experience the same problem as you, however, a few days ago, whenever I tried to post I would get just so far & it would disappear.  I don't seem to be having any problems posting at the moment. Hopefully your problem has corrected itself by now too.

Darla

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

No problems here, either.  Have you tried writing your post in a word processing program then pasting it in the reply box?

Hi everyone,

I managed to post it eventually. I think I was trying to type and copy too much into the quick post reply bit so I typed it into Notepad again and copied it into the post reply  section instead. I still got the flickering scroll bar once I'd pasted it in, but it showed up okay in the preview section and after I'd submitted it.

Maybe my mums right and that I do talk too much!

Thanks again everyone.

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

No, Gavin....you never talk too much.  It always is a joy to hear from you.

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Darla,   
I had the same experience as you.  When I was writing a post, it just disappeared.  I'm from northern MN, maybe it was a northern phenomenon. 

I took it as a 'sign' (LOL).  I was posting about my feelings about Memorial day approaching, where my dad would be mentioned during the program, the upcoming Father's day in June - first without dad - and the one year anniversary of his passing in July.  Just figured someone/something was telling me to 'suck' it up and deal with it.

My handsome, loving father died 10 months ago today...it feels as though it was today.  And I am missing him tremendously.  I wish I could hear his voice, just once more...calling me by my pet name that he gave me as a toddler, asking me to meet him for our daily coffee-date and telling me again, this is one of his favorite times of the day. 

I guess no matter what age we reach, once a daddy's girl, always a daddy's girl.

I apologize for rambling again.
Jolene

"Faith in something greater than ourselves enables us to do what we have said we'll do, to press forward when we are tired or hurt or afraid, to keep going when the challenge seems overwhelming and the course is entirely uncertain."     ~g. b. hinckley

Jolene,

I too thought it was a sign & did not re-post right away.  I did post a few days later tho'.  I know how you are feeling. It will be 9 months next week since I lost my husband and some days I feel like it was yesterday and others it seems like it has been so long. I miss him more with every passing day.

I also had some issues with Memorial Day, and now Father's Day is coming soon, Then his birthday and the beginning of September it will be a year

Don't apologize for rambling. We all tend to do that now & again.

Darla

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

I like the rambling posts.  I am by nature more a listener than a talker, so my posts tend to be on the shorter side.  When I read the long posts, its like listening to you talk.  No apologies are needed or necessary.  We are here to support one another.

Marion, maybe you could tell my mum that!!

Jolene, no need to apologise for rambling, I like rambling as well. Not only is it good to talk, but I also enjoy listening to others as well.

Hope everyone's having a good weekend. At least summer seems to have arrived here!

All the best.

Gavin

Gavin...as long as it is not upsetting to your Mom yes, I would love to share with her my impression of you.  You are very special.

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Marion, thank you for your kind words. You are also special, and very kind as well. I guess with regards to my mum and me talking too much, I think I just need to learn when to keep quiet, ie when she is watching her soap operas on TV in the evening!!

All the best.

Gavin

Gavin....I don't watch soap operas however, I know of people who do.   And yes, never, ever, will I interrupt when they are watching their programs.  Best wishes to you,
Marion