Topic: abdominal pain with enzime pills ?

Hello everyone its been a long time since I have been on this sight and glad to be back reading more information on some off my side effects of this cc . Let me update everyone liver and abdominal scans every 3 months and so far all clear except what they say scar tissue. I succesfully had half my liver,limph nodes,gallbladder and bile ducts removed. Its been about 15 month since my surgery and have bad stomach pains in the evening and have had on and off since then.The only pills I take are pancrelipase but went without for along time.I have changed my diet trying low fat meals often and small meals also.I am still loosing weight and hate that I am so skinny some times the zip ties or what ever they used to hook my asophogus to my liver poke my skin and hurt at least 3 of em.I am usually always tired no energy.  ok this is only a introduction wont ramble on any more thanks for reading and talk to you soon Jeff ? 1 day by day Eric Johnson  Hello Lisa and Jeff and all the others. Sorry about your headaches Lisa I very seldom get mild ones. I guess I am lucky on that.

2 (edited by marions Mon, 08 Jun 2009 21:36:01)

Re: abdominal pain with enzime pills ?

Hello Mr. J...so nice to hear from you.  While at ASCO Barbara and I had attended a session on digestive issues.  What they had recommended was to stand upright while eating. Food digests 10% in the first hour and the remaining 90% takes 4 hours.  Also, walking around after eating a low fat diet, higher carb content, and using enzymes for digestion may be helpful.  There are numerous discussion in re: to enzymes and stool softeners on this site.  You might want try the search function to read up on previous postings.  With a heavy heart I am conveying to you that Jeff, our guru and inspiration, is dearly missed by all of us.  If you look under his latest postings you will be able to watch the memorial video orchestrated by Jeff and posted by his daughter.  Jeff has left his legacy and will always be a resource to our questions as his many postings have addressed any possible subject pertaining to CC.  Our Jeff lives on in our hearts and here, on this board and the discussions about his absence will be ongoing. We are here to support each other, always.
Mr. J., have all your blood tests come out clean, also?  Others may have more suggestions coming your way.
Best wishes
Marion
.

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

3 (edited by marions Tue, 09 Jun 2009 10:46:18)

Re: abdominal pain with enzime pills ?

Mr. J....Just another thought.  In regards to your weight loss.  Have you been keeping track of the calories consumed.  You might want to add supplemental nutrition to your diet in order to keep your weight up.  And, eating small, frequent meals and especially the one's you love most, might be helpful.

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Re: abdominal pain with enzime pills ?

Hi thank you for the information and sorry to here about Jeff, my tests have all been good but they have wanted to do a colonostamy and egd for a long time but no insurense to pay for it. I will not put it off any longer tired of being sick but glad im still around most the time   Eric sorry its late and my spelling is bad