Topic: There is hope...

Heard a song on the radio today. I believe Brandon Heath is the singer.
"There is hope for me yet
Because God won't forget
All the plans he made for me...

God's not finished with me yet..."

On my very first visit with my oncologist about 2 years ago, I told her I didn't want to hear a prognosis, because too often, they become self-fulfilling prophecies. She honored that long enough for both of us to learn that I don't do anything by the books. Last fall, even though my husband asked and she told him I probably didn't have 5 years, she made it clear that my life doesn't seem to fit the statistics. She said I remind her of the Monte Python character with a knife in his gut who said, "I'll be fine. It's just a flesh wound." On my next visit, she said I remind her of the Eveready bunny--"May be down but gets back up and keeps on going!"

I did water aerobics throughout the first year of cc. Though away from it for a time, I'm back at it. Today, I continued a new relationship... Our cancer center has a buddy system where a patient in remission is paired with a new (or recently diagnosed) cancer patient to accompany them on the journey, practicing much of what I see on this website but actually face-to-face where possible. My buddy was recently diagnosed with breast cancer and today was her first chemo treatment. I met her there for our first face-to-face contact. And I was blessed.

Keep hoping even when you are trying to prepare for the unknown.
God bless you all!
Louise smile

Re: There is hope...

Hi Louise, thanks for sharing your story, I love the Monte Python reference! Water aerobics are good for the body and the spirit...  keep up the great attitude!

Best,
Tess

Louise,

What a wonderful post.  I will be hoping for the best for you. With such a great attitude, you can't go wrong! smile

Darla

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

Heard another quote recently that I love and want to share...

A Bible that is falling apart probably belongs to someone who is not.

Louise smile

Hi Louise....how nice to hear from you again.  Wonderful news.
Best wishes,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER