Topic: Our Miracle Man has done it again!!

Just returned home from the RAD-Man and the PET showed no new signs of anything and the little monster is still shrinking from the Cyber Knife. Next PET in September. I am sending Teddy to Milwaukee for 2 weeks the end of July to visit all the kids. I honestly felt I just wanted to stay home and have 2 weeks to do whatever I felt like doing! Long overdue.
For all you newcomers, August 24th will be Teddy's 4 year anniversary since his Whipple Surgeries. His first was aborted after 4 hours as the dye from the endoscopy had leaked on his pancreas and the doctor needed a "firm" pancreas so he could cut the head to get to the bile duct valve. Between surgeries he developed a double E-Coli infection. The "real" Whipple was totally successful and after 3 months in a Milwaukee hospital (we had been visiting the kids) we flew back to Phoenix. We were 45 minutes from Phoenix and both tubes he had blew out of his stomach! They wrapped him in airplane blankets as he had soaked everything. Then 2 weeks after we were home he developed  a tiny hole at the resection. He went in to rehab for a month on NOTHING but an IV in hopes the hole would heal on it's own and it did. Last April the cancer returned where his duodenum used to be. He had radiation over the summer and in December had cyber knife to stomp it dead! It worked and he is doing great. He will be 77 in October, golfs once a week and in September may be going back to work part time.  HOPE..ATTITUDE..FAITH those are the fuels he runs on!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Re: Our Miracle Man has done it again!!

Teddy is truly a Miracle Man.  I'm so glad to hear your good news.

Lainy!

What a story!  Wow!  That is amazing!  I am so blown away by all that.  Dave went through some stuff...but your miracle man Teddy is a Hero!  I am so pleased to hear the great news!!!!  You both are so strong!!

Thanks for sharing with me!

Hugs....

Beth

I lost my incredible husband Dave to CC February 13th, 2011 after a 2 year battle.  He leaves behind a legacy that will never be forgotten..I will miss you forever.

Lainy,

That is great news.  I am so happy for both of you.  Attitude IS everything! smile

Darla

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

Lainy , I am so happy that he is doing well .  Very Happy!

WOOOO HOOOOO, Lainy!  Way to go Teddy!  I am thrilled for you both.  Have a wonderful time in Milwaukee, Teddy ...  Lainy~ book yourself a spa day!  You deserve it!

Jolene

"Faith in something greater than ourselves enables us to do what we have said we'll do, to press forward when we are tired or hurt or afraid, to keep going when the challenge seems overwhelming and the course is entirely uncertain."     ~g. b. hinckley

Lainy,
This is the best news! I am so happy for you both. I hope both of you have a wonderful time this summer.
God Bless,
Jamie

Lainy...hugs to the Sicilian Miracle man.  I hope that he enjoys his trip and am happy to see that you will also be tending to some of your neeeds.
Hugs to both of you,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Lainy,
What wonderful, happy news.  Teddy is a quite the fighter.  I wanted to wish you a very peaceful, refreshing 2 week holiday as I know being the caretaker takes it toll.
Peace,
Karen

Wishing all God's blessings!

Lainy,
  Such good news - I am so happy for you and Teddy. You must be SO SO happy and relieved.

Joyce C.

Lainy,
   Wonderful!  I've told people here about Teddy and they are amazed too!
Tell him I'm sending him my best!

David in New Mexico

David. Teddy's favorite Aunt and Uncle lived in Rio Rancho.  It was quite a few years ago but their names were Arnold and Carmella Spella. They also had a son who passed on about 2 years ago....Bobby Spella. Lovely community.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.