Topic: Iced tea recipe

Does anyone have a good recipe for making herbal iced tea, both traditional and sun tea?  I have tried and can't seem to get it right.   

I managed to eat my way through Dad's  illness and death, and now I need to make it go away!  I enjoy water, not so much sodapop, and really like herbal iced tea, when I purchase it from CaribouCoffee or Starbucks. But I want to make it so I can have it whenever I want.  I've already purchased a variety of flavored herbal teas, and some flavored green teas, but can't get it to taste right.  I know it must be simple, but I'm screwing it up.

Any suggestions?
Jolene

"Faith in something greater than ourselves enables us to do what we have said we'll do, to press forward when we are tired or hurt or afraid, to keep going when the challenge seems overwhelming and the course is entirely uncertain."     ~g. b. hinckley

Re: Iced tea recipe

I also like Starbuck's & Caribou's herbal iced teas.  Unfortunately I have not been able to find anything to compare with it either.  Hopefully some one will have some good suggestions.

Darla

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

Just a hint that maybe you are not letting the tea bags sit long enough in the water?  I use lots of tea bags and let them sit for at least an hour. I don't go to Starbucks, I hate coffee, even the smell of it.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Hello,
My Red Blood Count is low and I wanted to know if anyone knows what I should be eating to bring it up? I have heard that liver is good for this but, I need some good recipes for cooking liver...I really hate it but for my health sake I will try it. Also, I am taking Cystplatnum as one of the chemicals for my chemo treatment...I had 3 seizures...my oncologists thinks it may be a side effect of this drug...we are checking other things as well. Has anyone had this side effect using this drug in their chemo plan? I am taking Dilantin for the seizures. Keep on keeping on!! Don't let this cancer beat you...and attitude is everything. I know that many many prayers have been said on my behalf...keeping God busy...and I am still here because he is generous and loving.
Jackie Clark
Gallup, NM

Hello Jackie and welcome to the best little club in the world that no one wants to join. I am sorry I can't help you on the red count stuff but just wanted to say hi and to welcome you. God loves keeping busy!

Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Hi Jackie,  sending you warm wishes from cool northern Minnesota.  Hope you are having a better week.  Liver.  Wow.  Sorry can't help you.  The only liver I get close to is maybe, once or twice a year, a liverwurst sandwich...with LOTS of mayo on it.

Lainy,  I think I may overdo it on teabags...I let them sit in water for a day!!!   OOPS.

Jolene

"Faith in something greater than ourselves enables us to do what we have said we'll do, to press forward when we are tired or hurt or afraid, to keep going when the challenge seems overwhelming and the course is entirely uncertain."     ~g. b. hinckley

I am thinking too long may give the tea a "paper" taste. Too bad we don't have some of the restaurant secrets. I have been to tea rooms where the tea is outstanding. I will buy a pack of my favorite and let it steep the old fashioned way and guess what? It doesn't taste like theirs! Glad I am not the only one who noticed this.

Hi Jackie smile
When my hemoglobin count was low, I asked my oncologist about an iron supplement and she said no, the cancer tends to suck up the iron and it gets the energy you want. We went with the Neulasta shots, regular blood chemistries... She never suggested liver, but I went with other sources of iron. Also, our bodies need vitamin C to process or harness the iron, so raisins and watermelon have iron and vitamin C both, making it a good choice. Vitamin C dissolves in water, so it is hard to OD on it, and you do better to take it several times throughout the day than trying to get a whole day's vitamin C in one dose. And whenever I took iron supplements, I tended to get very constipated. Don't need that. If you like liver, go for it. If not, there are alternatives. I don't care for liver, but it is so easy to overcook liver, making it leathery. My mom used to make a liver gravy and I would enjoy that, but I think that is more fat than I want now.
I think I'm rambling now, so I better get back to grading papers.
Louise smile

Sorry, I make the worst ice tea so no suggestions. But as a Southern girl, just the mention makes my mouth water. Oh, how I miss Chick-fil-a ice tea!

Jackie, I have no suggestions either. My bloodcounts are always good, just my potassium and salts get low. But I wanted to welcome you to the site. Louise offered good advice and I am sure someone will come around and offer more.

Kris

Cancer is a word, not a sentence.

36 year old patient with buckets of hope