Topic: acne from steroids

I was getting terrible acne from the steroids I am on. I have never experience back acne before and it is so painful when your clothes rub it. After 2 months of it, I tried proactive...you know that stuff on the informercials. It really does work. I was skeptical since it was drug induced acne, but it has really cleared up my back and my face is almost normal again.

Hope this helps someone else.

Kris

Cancer is a word, not a sentence.

36 year old patient with buckets of hope

Re: acne from steroids

Mmm, I'll give it a try.  Nothing like having acne when you're middle-aged sad

Holy cannoli, really? After my treatments last week I broke out all over my body, the stupid things hurt all over. I have to try this! Thank you so much!!

- Katie smile

Once you choose hope, anything's possible!

Glad I could help. If anyone has suggestions for my new steroid induced mustache, beard, and back fur, it would be much appreciated. smile

I always thought of myself as a sex kitten, not furry one!

Kris

Kris,
You are too funny. You always put a smile on my face. Have you gotten youtr scan yet? Take care and
God Bless,
Jamie

I had my scan on Thursday and I hope to get the results this Thursday when I get my chemo. But I might not, the scans are being reviewed at a large hospital by a multi disciplinary board on the sameday so I am not sure the report will get back to my oncologist before then. Likely, I will have to sit longer. But as my doctor said, if I get surgery or not, I will still have chemo so it doesnt really matter in the short term.  I like to sit around and twiddle my thumbs.

Kris

Kris,
Easy for him them to say it doesn't matter in the short term!! I hate the wait. I go for my first scan after being back on chemo on Friday and see the Dr for results and get chemo on Monday. It will be a long weekend for me. I would just like to know where I am at, better, worse,  no change. I hope you do get your GOOD results this Thursday.
Take care of yourself and God Bless,
Jamie