Topic: just checking in

I haven't been posting lately and am missing my cc family. I have not been able to read much lately for a variety of reasons, not least because every time I try to go on my laptop my 80 lb "lap" dog jumps on my lap and my laptop. He is very jealous of the computer, I think he knows that my attention is completely directed elsewhere as he does not attempt to stop me from washing dishes! He broke one of the keys on the keyboard and the backing of the chair I usually sit in. He is my brother's dog but has now become mine as well and he has helped me a lot, made me go outside and walk and stop to look at things I don't usually have time for, like birds and squirrels and flowers.

I am also house hunting and I am finding it to be a full-time job and a little sad, many of the houses are in bad shape and you can tell there is a sad story behind it. Yesterday I saw a house that the neighbor said was refinanced many times to pay medical bills.

My Dad has been diagnosed with prostate cancer so I guess cancer is not done with my family. We find out tomorrow if it has spread so please think clear scans.

Patty

Re: just checking in

Hi Patty, so good to see your smiling face. Very sorry to hear about your dad.
He is fortunate o have you once again helping out. We will be praying for clear scans!!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Hi Patty....great to hear from you.

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Just wanted to report that my dad is all clear, they did not find cancer anywhere else so we are very thankful.

Patty

Patty
That is great news. Prostrate cancer has really good statistics so I am praying your dad fits in with those!

kris

Cancer is a word, not a sentence.

36 year old patient with buckets of hope

Great news, Patty.  Congratulations.

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Kris,

I think you are one of the major positive forces in the universe, see if your doc has a test for that, I am sure you would be past "normal" range on that one! Maybe that test can be called the Kris-o-meter!

Patty

Patty,  I had been thinking about you last week.  I know that you had an anniversary, too, of your mom's passing.  How are you doing?  Did you go to Vegas?  If memory serves, you had a special birthday that you were  celebrating.

It's good to hear from you.  I'm happy to hear about your dad's good news.

Jolene

"Faith in something greater than ourselves enables us to do what we have said we'll do, to press forward when we are tired or hurt or afraid, to keep going when the challenge seems overwhelming and the course is entirely uncertain."     ~g. b. hinckley