Topic: Guess It's My Turn....Not The turn I Wanted!

This may not and hopefully will not apply to this Board in the end but right now I am the scared one. I went to my Gastro Man last week complaining of extreme bloat and some discomfort. I had an Ultra Sound Monday of the stomach and am supposed to have a colonoscopy and endoscopy the 28th. Got a call yesterday afternoon about 4PM that there is a mass in my Mid Abdomen. They are ordering a CT Scan, maybe for this Friday. In the meantime I look like at least twins are coming and yesterday the pain was about an 8 on the pain scale ALL day. If it returns today I will call the gastro guy. I know it could be anything from a hernia to cancer. I was immediately grateful that they did not mention liver or pancreas. Me, knows too much, you know. Just needed to vent and I thank you for listening. I must say it is much easier being the adviser than being the patient!!!  I have not let down yet as I am more concerned about Teddy's reaction.  So, if you could just send a few prayers my way for the scan to be not so bad that would be great. I just feel like you are all my family!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Re: Guess It's My Turn....Not The turn I Wanted!

Lainy,
NOT a good turn, you are right. Try not to panic, take painkillers, and try to relax....and vent away.

Sending you BIG hugs and GREAT vibes and prayers

Kris

Cancer is a word, not a sentence.

36 year old patient with buckets of hope

Lainy, prayers and virtual hugs coming your way.  You are a very brave and intelligent woman with a great ATTITUDE and I know you can handle whatever comes your way.

Love,
Lisa

Lainy,
Gary and I are praying for the best results for you.  Keep the hope and faith going. 
Love, Elaine and Gary

Live each day to the fullest

lainy........lucille and i are praying for the best results for you ....stay strong and positive...you have a great attitude keep it that way...prayers coming your way.....ron and lucille

Lainy,
Prayers coming your way - to one of the stongest people I have "met".  Remember...attitude is everything.
Peace,
Karen

Wishing all God's blessings!

7 (edited by raye Wed, 12 Aug 2009 08:44:32)

My wish is you get over this obstacle as soon as possible. I have you in my prayers Lainy.

I'm a passenger on planet Earth and God is driving.

Lainy.....whatever the outcome (and I am wishing for a Hernia)......support is coming to you from all directions:  in front of you, beside you, and behind you.  You can count on us.
Hugs
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Lainy,

More prayers & good thoughts coming your way.  We will all be waiting & hoping to hear good news. With your "ATTITTUDE" how can it be any less.

Lots of Love & Hugs,
Darla

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

Lainy;
Ditto what everyone else has already said. I will be saying lots of prayers that you have a good scan and that the pain goes away. Like Marion, I am gonna hope, wish, pray that it is a hernia! Take Care and God Bless,
Jamie

Thank-you all, I can really feel the caring and the love. It is very strange but I think being on this web site has helped me to  accept this whole thing what ever it is. I am almost too calm!! I am trying to take my own advise! Your are all awesome!

Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Oh Lainy,
Tell your belly that you don't have time for it to start acting up!  It is amazing what can be inside our bodies, isn't it?  I am sending lots of hugs and prayers your way!!!!
Love, Amy

Lainy,
Just after my father died of lung cancer many years ago, my mother became sick.  When the dr. said she had a mass in her abdomen, I thought "Oh no, how can this be happening?"  They operated and found a mass of infection - they had no explanation for it except the stress of caring for my father all those months.  Strange things can happen!  Your calmness may come from being so knowledgable that you realize there are many ways to attack whatever you're going to be dealing with - be it large or small.  I have no doubt you will be the Miracle Woman!  Elaine

Live each day to the fullest

Lainy,
Good thoughts coming your way from Connecticut.. Hang in there.
Ashley

Wow! Elaine, Interesting. Just because I have lived this with Teddy for 4 years and just because I moved my 93 yr old mom to Assisted Care last week after being with her every afternoon for a month after work....guess that would qualify for some heavy duty stress. Very interesting and thanks. And here I go fighting again. The doctor's assistant was supposed to fax the order yesterday for the  CT Scan and I just called them and they never got it. Grrrr
Starting over, again. But again, I have never heard of an infection from stress.
I did google on Mid Abdomen and there was just too much it could be  so I decided to stop that. Will know more after the Scan. Thanks everyone!

Dear Lainy, you know that you are always in our thoughts and prayers, today you're definitely getting a few extra! I definitely hope the scan results are nothing major, but can certainly understand your fears.

Wishing you the best Lainy,

Love,
Tess

Lainy,
We know you're married to the Miracle Man and you've proven to us that you're the Miracle Woman! All my love and best hopes going out to you - that it's just some simple hernia (ha! who thinks a hernia is a good thing except people on this board?) Whatever it is, your attitude will beat it down into submission!
Much love and prayers,
Joyce M

Dear Lainy,
                 Good luck from the other side of the planet          love,Janet

Lainy,

Loads of good thoughts, prayers and positive vibes coming across the Atlantic and heading your way.

I wish you the very best.

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Lainy,  sending prayers and good wishes. 

Jolene

"Faith in something greater than ourselves enables us to do what we have said we'll do, to press forward when we are tired or hurt or afraid, to keep going when the challenge seems overwhelming and the course is entirely uncertain."     ~g. b. hinckley

Lainy,
How are you feeling now? I hope the pain has passed or that you are managing it.

Are you planning anything fun for the weekend to get your mind away from the worry?

Kris

Cancer is a word, not a sentence.

36 year old patient with buckets of hope

Dear Lainy,
   I'm praying for a good scan for you. We all love you - and I will be thinking of you. Hope they get the pain under control very soon.

Joyce C.

OMG!  You all!  I am so very strong until I read your posts with the caring and warmth. Then I need the kleenex. But that's ok. I can keep them in business too. Today is the Scan, not sure the results will be in until Monday but they did put a STAT on it per my request. Guess that's the only good thing about our positions here on the CC Board is that we know how to press. In the meantime my 93 yr old mom, whom we moved last week to Assisted, ended up in the hospital with a UTI (urinary tract infection) and at that age it plays havoc with the mind until its cleared up. This was a scary one. We were up there until 11PM last night. She is refusing to eat. Maybe we can get through to her today. Brother is visiting from Chattanooga TN  and sister was here from Las Vegas. Honestly I am just looking forward to some peace and quiet with the CT Scan today! When things are bad, like with Teddy, I tend to shut out the rest of the world and that's how I get through. I just concentrate on what needs to be done. He says its his turn to take care of me. So, yesterday I cleaned crumbs off all the counters, picked up after him etc, etc. I just wish he would stop being so helpful. But to be fair I know he is very worried and when he is worried I just have more to do!  I always say hope and attitude but would like to add humor. Thank you all again. Will let you know when I hear something. Love and good wishes to all of you!

Lainy,
Thinking about you today.

Big hugs,
Amy

Lainy;
Sending good thoughts and prayers your way today for the scan. 
God Bless,
Jamie