Topic: New view of America

I have been a frequent user of  this website for the past 5 months.My sons say-what are you doing on that "tree site" all the time.They worry about me because we have been through such a traumatic time.
  I am doing ok on my tree site,I have found much wisdom and commonsense and I have felt like I can contribute and help others,I hope because I do have a lot of experience caring for others but I am not able to work much yet.Anyway,I wanted to say how much I had learned about America and its people (I google all the time to get my bearings)and that has been a great bonus for me                      Janet

Re: New view of America

Janet,

This site has meant a lot to us, hasn't it? I sometimes think that I need to move on and stop visiting as often, but I keep coming back! It has been 10 months today since I lost Butch, and this site has been SO important to me.  I have learned a bit about life in other countries, also - Australia, for one, and Sweden, from Kris, and it makes me want to visit your countries  someday! We have developed a lot of friendships from here, and it has been an important part of our lives over the last year. Hooray for the "tree site"!

Joyce

Janet....and you have contributed much to this site.  It goes both ways.  As Joyce is saying:   sure brings us closer, from one continent to another.  You are very much part of it.
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

I have to agree with all of you.  This site and all the great people on it have meant so much to me this past year.  The knowledge, kindness, understanding & everything that goes with have meant so much to me & given me so much support & strength to go on.  Knowing we are not alone means a lot.  I too feel like I have made a lot of great friends here and am learning about their countries.  If only we could visit them all!

The internet has really brought us all together, it is just so sad that the common bond that we all share had to be this terrible disease. Then again, maybe that is a good thing as we are now fighting to help create awareness & possibly some day a cure.

Darla

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

Janet,

When I am feeling sad and down or just need to "be" with people who truly understand the pain of losing a loved one to this horrible disease, I usually tell my husband that "I'M GOING TO GO AND CLIMB A TREE"!  This is our code for I'll be on the computer for awhile visiting and hanging out on the CC site.

So don't ever feel bad for coming to the tree site!.........lol

Much love and hugs!
Pam

My Mom lost her one year battle with CC on April 3, 2009.

"A prognosis is simply an audit of how truly precious each day is.  Live each day to the maximum, celebrate what was, and what is - Don't spend your life looking forward to what will or might be." .... words of wisdom from my beloved son on hearing of his grandmother's CC prognosis.