Re: Guess It's My Turn....Not The turn I Wanted!

Ok Lainy,

Time for the 5 minute rule....do 5 minutes then do the next 5 minutes!  You have been with ALL of us here whether we were the patient or not.  Now we get to walk with you through this scare.  I won't say not to worry because that's not really possible.

Just know that all of us are here for you and will be praying hard for a good outcome.

None of us could EVER have a better support system than the people on this board.

Hugs and lots of love to you!

Pam

My Mom lost her one year battle with CC on April 3, 2009.

"A prognosis is simply an audit of how truly precious each day is.  Live each day to the maximum, celebrate what was, and what is - Don't spend your life looking forward to what will or might be." .... words of wisdom from my beloved son on hearing of his grandmother's CC prognosis.

Lainy:  You do have a lot on your plate already.  Big time stress.  Take a moment to stop.....like I just did and I prayed for you in that moment.

Marjo

28 (edited by Bazel Sun, 16 Aug 2009 12:12:54)

Lainy,

Just saw your post. First I hope your scan results come back quickly, with an answer and good news. Second, you are such a very strong lady and you have been the in caregiver role for a long time; wife, mother, daughter, caring for your husband AND caring for your mom. The strong ones - especially those that keep fighting through sometimes forget to listen to their bodies and it may just be that your body is sending you a reminder to take good care.

Prayers coming your way.... Bz

Lainy,

I was recently in Vegas so I am betting on a clear scan! Someone in Chicago is pulling for you here!

Patty

Again thanks for all the over the top replies! Not one to sit and wait, I know I will have surgery what ever the biopsy says as I cannot live with this mass coiled in my intestines.  So I have found a good colon surgeon and if anyone is out there from the Phoenix area can you tell me if you have ever heard of David M. Larson?  Still doing OK mentally, very tired today physically. Our Rabbi
and his wife stopped yesterday and we all went to lunch. Sat and talked politics and religion (Teddy's Catholic U know) and it was very interesting. My kids and grand kids coming today for, what else? pasta! Need some sugar from the 4 grand kids. Not liking the way things have been handled at this Gastro's office if he doesn't call me by 4PM tomorrow I am going to get in with this Dr. Larson. The pink boxing gloves are on.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Lainy,

I saw Dr. Larsen's office-mate, Dr. Robert Campbell. Found him to be diligent and determined. A little short on personality, but that's ok - I like thinking Dr's.

I am just up the road from you, so if you need anything just ask.

Bz

Hi Bz. I remembered after that post of another one. Dr. Mark Runfola. When we first came back to PHX after Teddy's Whipple He was seeing Dr. Susan Cortesi. Runfola was an associate whom we met as she wanted to consult with him. He is fabulous. I am picking Runfola as #1 and Larson as #2.  My gastro man never called to tell me what they suspected, then he didn't call me with the results. He had other call me. If he does not call me by 1PM tomorrow I will take it in to my own hands by having my Primary send all to Dr. Runfola.
Where are U? In Arizona? We are in Sun Lakes about 5 miles SOuth of Chandler.

Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Best of luck today Lainy.

Kris

Cancer is a word, not a sentence.

36 year old patient with buckets of hope

We are just setting the date for the biopsy. Get this. Last Tuesday when the doctors assistant, and I use the term loosely, called me she said, "Elaine, you have a solid mass in your mid abdomen and we are scheduling a CT Scan, goodbye". I said WHOA. She was very cold and snotty! Found out 2 days LATER THAT THE sCAN PLACE NEVER RECEIVED THE ORDER.  On Friday after the scan I called the doctor and this assistant said he is busy with patients until 4:30PM then the doctors partner called me back and said yes, you have a solid mass and Dr. M. will call you Monday! So, you know me by now, I am ready to switch. Then I felt I just want to get the biopsy scheduled and then switch as I really won't be under his care anymore anyway. What is with these doctors and offices today? I am just trying to show you all that it is not just the CC doctors its a lot of them.

Lainy,

I really am just up the road .. off of Ocotillo and Gilbert, SE Chandler.   

And if nothing else, like you, becoming my dad's medical advocate taught me that the "patient" has to take control of the situation and the medical experience. Ask the questions, research the disease, treatments, & doctors and know when to throw the "BS" flag! With my dad we had some GREAT physicians but a great doctor doesn

A double OMG. My gastro man is her partner, Dr. Mahajani! She is the one who called me Friday. It's Tukeesha who is the office b----! SHe should not even be handling patients. Dr. Faybush was nice but I am also upset that my Dr. M. did not call. He is very aware of what Teddy has gone through and that this would be a huge blow to us.  Another OMG, my daughter lives on Cooper and Elliott.
The world is getting smaller.

See... this is when I question if the Doctor knows what his/her staff is doing and the quality of their communications between staff, dr. and patient.

Hmm..

Bz

Lainy-

You've been there for us... now it's OUR turn.  Visualize yourself at the doctor's office, getting the good news that you will be okay, feeling so relieved, relaxed and joyous.  When you are not sure, take the visual journey again, and know that you will ultimately be okay.  Breathe... again slower and softer, more deeply and relaxed... again... breathe s-l-o-w-l-y now, naturally... you can do this and we are all here for you.  Know that it will be okay.  (((hugs)))  -ljg

Thanks one and all. I am home, sleepy but home. The biopsy was a breeze!!!
The mass seems to be between the spleen and the kidney on the left side. I will hopefully hear the result today.

Lainy;
Glad you are home and doing OK. Please let us know as soon as you hear something. I am sending lots of good thoughts, hugs, and prayers your way.  God Bless,
Jamie

So far so good.  Waiting to hear the results and hoping for the best.

Darla

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.