Topic: Lainy UpDate

I will try to make this short as sometimes I think we all have enough on our minds without reading a book on here. The Gastro guy called and he met with a radiologist today and they went over my scan. I really think they are thinking cancer but it appears to be fully contained and is in an easy location for the biopsy. Biopsy is still to be scheduled for this week, I am thinking surgery next week. Bring it on I am more than ready. I figure some people go to a resort to de stress I go have surgery.  Again thanks for your thoughts and prayers.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Re: Lainy UpDate

Hi Lainy;
I have kept you in my prayers. They need to get this biopsy done. It still amazes me how long it takes to get  tests and results. I think it was close to 3 weeks before I got the pathology report from the biopsy of the tumor in my liver. I'll pray for the biopsy done soon and good results after. Take care of yourself and God Bless,
Jamie

Lainy,

You know the cell phone commercial where all those people follow the customer around?? That's what you have behind you! Tell the doctor you need to know the biopsy results ASAP because you need to post online for your international fan club! Whatever this is, it has no idea what it is up against!

Saying many prayers for you,

Patty

Any chance that biopsy can have a rush on answer and complete the surgery/procedure at same time or how do they plan to get tissue for the biopsy? I'm just thinking about the fact that my diagnosis was confirmed with exploratory surgery. Preliminary answer from pathology was received while I was in the operating room before they closed me up. Of course, they already had used a needle to aspirate some fluid and they knew they would find something, just couldn't confirm what without opening me up.
Thinking of you and praying too.
Louise smile

Lainy,
1) You better hop to it getting better...we need you here!
2) Surgery is fun. Maybe you could ask for the videotape of it and show it at Christmas. Infinately more fascinating than other family films. You get to be the star and actually do nothing but sleep.
3) Scars are beautiful...Hans tells me mine looks like tracts from a slimey insect. Main incision the slime trail and the staple scars the footprints.
4) Remember to be super nice to the nurses, the run the place and hand out good pills (I know you said you dont like them,but sleeping in a hospital with all the coming and going and machines is not at all easy)
5)Hugs, prayers, and loads of warm wishes coming your way. I will head to the cathedral and light a candle for you.

In my thoughts,
Kris

Cancer is a word, not a sentence.

36 year old patient with buckets of hope

Lainy,

I will be hoping for the best.  I love your attitude.   Whatever it is just get it done!  Keep us posted. My thoughts & prayers are with you.

Love & Hugs,
Darla

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

Lainy there are a lot of benign tumours with this presentation so we will have to wait and see,although its all a business and just what you dont need.Fingers crossed              Janet

You all make me not only smile but giggle. I did ask him yesterday why the biopsy and he said, "there are many kinds of cancer and we need to know what we are dealing with, if it is cancer".  I am OK with that. Better safe than sorry. He wants the biopsy this week with the results that day. That is why I am thinking surgery next week. He also laughed when I said I already picked my surgeon but he was extremely happy about who I picked. Found out through all this that Bazel and I live maybe 15 minutes from each other and she uses the same Gastro office. Have you ever noticed how small the world is getting? Kris: love your 5 steps to surgery. I also have some scars already. But at my age I don't see any bikinis in my future. And I do know after T 3 months in hospitals who runs the place. Honestly the nurses should get the doctor's pay they are the heroes.  Patty that was funny. Now I am having images of all those people following me from Verizon! International Fan CLub, how exciting. I am in good company with all you other stars!

Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Lainy,
You are in my prayers.  Hopefully the biopsy will come back negative.  But if not, at least you are very prepared for the next step.  Faith, hope and courage.
Peace,
Karen

Wishing all God's blessings!

Lainy,

Just touching base with you to see if you have the biopsy scheduled, and how you are doing?

Love, Amy

Doing ok. Nauseous and getting tired. I have some nervous moments but they pass pretty quickly. The doctor said Monday, "I want this done this week". So far no word. I left a message at 9AM and if I don't hear by 100PM will call again. You know, tenacious me. I have this thing, you can tell me NO but don't ignore me! Then the fight starts.

Lainy, be assured you have all our love and best wishes.

ATTITUDE is everything!