Topic: Who Me??? No Sir!!!

No cancer was found from my biopsy!!!  It is a Desmoid Tumor (fibrous tumor with spindle cells).  It has to come out and none too soon for me. OMG  I so understand now what you all go through with the waiting to hear. I thought I knew from Teddy, but I didn't really, until now. I was always being too brave for him. My gastro man is setting up an appointment for me with the surgeon.
Oh how I wish I could hear this same news from all of you. Love to you all!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Re: Who Me??? No Sir!!!

Lainy -

What wonderful news! While no one wants to face surgery, you know that the this is "the" treatment.  You are already quite a compassionate woman, but yes, I suppose your walk along this path will bring a new perspective.

Bz

What a well received Desmoid Tumor it is, indeed.  I am so happy for you.  Please, let us know when the surgery date has been set. You know that  tons of good wishes will accompany you during surgery.
Hugs coming your way,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

I kind of spoke before I looked it up myself as I was so excited. It is treated like cancer but it does not metastisise (sp) and the return rate is high.  But we shall persevere!!! One step at a time.

Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Fantastic news!  I have been watching for your results and praying lots and lots.

Lainy,

That is wonderful news.  Glad to hear it. As for the surgery, I am sure it will go just fine and you will be good as new in no time.

Darla

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

Lainy,

Yea Yea Yea!!!  I am so happy for you.  What great news you received.

Amy

Lainy,

Great news! Did you kiss the doctor?

Patty

Good for you, Lainy!!  That's the news we've all been waiting to hear!  You're such an excellent caregiver, now it's Teddy's turn.  Our best wishes and prayers will be with you during your surgery.  Elaine and Gary

Live each day to the fullest

Lainy,great for you to get the results back.I had a feeling it would be benign,but its still a challenge.Its all comparative though isnt it.Another fairly rare one as well.     love from  Janet

Great news Lainy!!! So very glad to hear it!!

-Tess

Thank you one and all. Seeing the surgeon Sept 1st. Well, this is another rare thing. Only 900 new cases every year in the USA. I said to Teddy what is up with us and these rarities.
Patty:   Cute. No I didn't kiss him I didn't want him to get broken knee caps!!!
I found a website for people with this Desmoid tumor but it is very confusing so think I will pass on it. Not easy like our site. And I have too much family here to start with a new site. I like this family best!!!

Lainy;
Well I am so happy to hear your good news. What a relief and blessing. Good luck with the surgeon on the 1st.
Take care and God Bless,
Jamie

Lainy,

Happy to hear the good news.  I'm catching up with all the news as I've just returned from family trip to Florida.  I was thinking of you the entire time.  I'm just thrilled to hear the news isn't as bad as was feared.

Hugs to you and Teddy,
Jolene

"Faith in something greater than ourselves enables us to do what we have said we'll do, to press forward when we are tired or hurt or afraid, to keep going when the challenge seems overwhelming and the course is entirely uncertain."     ~g. b. hinckley

Lainy,
I am very happy for you and Teddy. And since you are already an honorary member of the cancer club, you didnt need to get full membership...the added benefits are very beneficial! smile

Kris

Cancer is a word, not a sentence.

36 year old patient with buckets of hope

Oh, what a relief to hear that it is not cancerous!  You have been in my thoughts and prayers.  What good news!

Hi Lisa, the more I am learning about it, its not so good but you are right better than cancer. Guess Teddy and I only like "rare" things.  How ya, doing, girl? Anymore thoughts as to doggy sitting or taking in a roomer?  Teddy is going to look for a part time job. He just cannot sit around like this. It is not good for him at all. Not his personality. Now he will look after I have the surgery. Another grand opening!