Re: gemzar and cisplatin together

Hi Marion,

I found the dosage that the study in the UK was using.

Cis (25 mg/m2) followed by Gem (1000 mg/m2 D1, 8 q21d) for 8 cycles.

It looks as though Cis/Gem was given on day 1 - then gem only on day 8? I never know how to read this stuff - ugh.

Thanks,
Mel

Don't let cancer ruin your day!

I am on Gem/Cis also. Had my tumor removed from liver (1/2 liver) in July 09 started chemo on Aug 18, 09 and second one on 25th. Now this week along with the blood test I have a drs visit. And then off a week and start all over again for two more series. I was a little weak last week, but so far this week I'm not quite as weak. This time next year I'm throwing myself a big birthday party and celebrate my 64 on the 30th.

My father is also going to be starting this chemotherapy regimen.  He is a PSC patient and is recently diagnosed with CCA.  Any one know of the side effects with this.  I keep hearing the side effects are mild would like to hear from someone that has been thru it or knows of someone who has.

Hello and welcome jdish....until others have time to respond to you it might help you to read up on previous postings.  You may use the Search Function, on top of the page, key word: Gemzar - Cisplatin and previous threads will appear about this particular combination of agents.  Also, there are many others PSC patients who ultimately received the diagnoses of PSC.  Your Dad is not alone.   At times, postings become lost.  In that case, you might want to repeat the question.  I am happy that you have found us and I am sending my best wishes your way,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Mel...I am still looking in to this.  Give me a couple more days, please.
Good wishes coming your way,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Hi Marion,

I found the dosages used in the study - I actually posted them in this thread somewhere.

As to the question about side effects - I haven't suffered with anything. I get a little tired if I overdo activities and so on but this is it - no nausea, no mouth sores, no metal tastes, and best of all I still have my hair!

Don't let cancer ruin your day!