Topic: Surgery Date - Not Yet

What a visit today to the surgeon. He wants me to reschedule my colonoscopy and endoscopy and to correlate it between he and the Gastro man so that I only have to do one prep. One day Gastro guy next day surgeon. So I still don't know. Also have to find out if I can have it where I want. I don't understand that as I had my biopsy at that hospital. All the little aggravations, yes? He says he does not think its a Desmoid tumor but in fact a low grade cancer but is happy that it is not touching anything but the bowel. I will have part of the bowel removed (could this be a form of tummy tuck?)  in the hospital for a week. Will let you know more when I know, who knows when they will know.  Guess you gotta be in the know!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Re: Surgery Date - Not Yet

Thinking of you, Lainy.  Sending lots of good thoughts your way.

Jolene

"Faith in something greater than ourselves enables us to do what we have said we'll do, to press forward when we are tired or hurt or afraid, to keep going when the challenge seems overwhelming and the course is entirely uncertain."     ~g. b. hinckley

Lainy,

Thanks for the update, if they do correlate and do everything at once you will be the new model for health care reform!

Patty

Lainy,
I told you that you were already an honorary member of the cancer club and that you didnt need to become a full member...I guess you are just too stubborn smile

Good luck getting everything organized and I will cross my fingerw for a very successful surgery and great rercovery.

Take care,
Kris

Cancer is a word, not a sentence.

36 year old patient with buckets of hope

Hi Lainy,

Good luck with everything and lots of positive thoughts coming your way.

Best wishes.

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Wishing you the best Lainy! I'm just glad it's coming out, whatever it is!

-Tess

Best of luck, Lainy! You're such a trooper and we need you around here, so don't linger around the hospital too long, eating their delicious food!
Joyce M

I agree with Joyce.  Good luck Lainy.  I will keep everything crossed that things will go smoothly.
Darla

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

Fingers are crossed for you, Lainy.  Good luck.  Tummy tuck?  I want someone like you next to me if/when I should get sick.    Is your M.D. and hospital far from your home?  Is someone there to take you to and fro?

Marjo

Hi Marjo.  The hospital is about 20 minutes away as are the doctors. I will be in 1 week because they will be doing a resection on the bowel. That's why I joked about the tummy tuck.  Yes, Teddy will be with me and my daughter as well. Poor Teddy as all my girlfriends want to sit with him and he said no I will just sit with Robin (my daughter). It gets to be like a zoo you know? I told them that since I am in a week I rather have visitors when I am feeling better and getting bored. They understand, I hope. The hardest part will be that I am off this Board for a week. Not sure if they have anything to help with my addiction on here!!!

Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Lainy,
  I know what you mean by our "board addiction"!  I just can't stay away for long - got to keep checking in. Good luck and may God be with you - you know we are all pulling for you and waiting with you.

Joyce C.

Lainy,
Many hospitals have a few computers with internet hookup for use by patients and their family. I know when Mom had heart surgery, there were computers I could work at. I also understand the addictive nature of this site. I took my laptop with me when I was out of town for Mom's funeral. Wasn't up to much typing, but I was reading (lurking). Besides, what would it hurt to ask about availability?
Did I tell you I might be in Phoenix next May?
Louise

Thanks Louise, I will check it out. IF you come to Phoenix you better call us!!!
We are 20 miles South of the airport in an active adult community called, Sun Lakes. That would be a wonderful meeting we can all look forward to.

have not been on the web site recently....been fighting the temptation... i think depression has got me down... wife has stablized and thats a good thing and i will take it ...for now she takes the xeloda pills once a day.. good luck to you LAINY been thinking about you, lucille and i are sending our prayers.....to you and everyone else......ron

Hi Ron and thanks. Stabilization is good! So is attitude. I know. Pull out your old 45's and give them a spin. But I know what you mean. Sometimes as  a care giver, no matter what , you just want to scream. By the way that helps too. I would get in the car drive up the block and give a few yelps (not a real screamer) then I would crank up the radio and sing loud until my throat hurt. People walking down the street were probably looking all over to  see where that terrible sound was coming from. So as you see, a little humor helps me too. Hoping you start perking up and again stabilization is great, we will take it.