Topic: fransons

http://bbfranson.blogspot.com

Re: fransons

What  happened to your blog? I hope all is well. I just miss reading your funny wisdom. smile

Hi all!

So, I'm going to set up a blog on Wellsphere under an anonymous name that my mother and neighbors won't be able to find. I just need some personal privacy. Not that a blog is necessarily private, I just can't handle anyone close reading my current deepest, darkest thoughts and commenting on them at church.

My cholangiocarcinoma family is always welcome to spy in on my nervous breakdowns, because I know each and every one of you have them too. We do have a connection that rivals blood. Dealing with this wretched disease does that. I'll share the address as soon as I know what it is.

Scott is 15 months post transplant. His last scan in February was clean but showed an aneurysm on the hepatic artery. They couldn't fix it and just tied the whole thing off assuming they would retransplant asap. But miracle of miracles, his liver has not died. So here we sit, dealing with annoying, but not necessarily life threatening things like ulcerative colitis and hemorrhoids. Things always feel as though they are on the verge of falling apart. Still, things are quite good with kids and a live husband and even normal life stuff. I am grateful for normal life stuff.

I've not forgotten you, just moved on a bit; lurking occasionally; happy and sad to see who is here and who is not. Grateful for your support and strength.

much love and God Bless,
Brenda

Hi Brenda, good to see you again and thanks for the update.  No need for apologies. Some of us deal with this by being extremely open others prefer to stay private. It is a personal decision, no right or wrong way to handle it. I am so happy that Scott is doing as he is. Everything else that occurs while dealing with this CC just adds so much extra stress that we really don't need, yes?
But we trod along on our journey and HOPE for the best. Please visit us when ever you feel like it and know that we care.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Brenda....you are the next Erma Bombeck.  Your writing is exquisite, to the point, humorous, and informative.  Have you ever thought of publishing your thoughts?  Tons of good wishes coming your way.
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Thanks, but what would you call a book like that, Marion? "To Hell and Back" maybe?

My new blog is at bypolarbear.com. Scott set it up for me, but I still need to figure it out and get back into the habit of writing again.

much love and God Bless,
Brenda

7 (edited by marions Wed, 02 Sep 2009 12:25:05)

Brenda....I am sure that this community will come up with a title for you.  In fact, you already have it on your blog:  Our experience with CC.....(and life to boot.)  You have a gift. 
Hugs
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Brenda....how about "My Life on the C List?"   Let's see what others come up with. We always look for these fun things to do to give us a break.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.