Topic: Surgery Date Set

Endoscopy and colonoscopy September 30th ....Surgery October 1st 9:00AM. That way I don't have to do the horrible prep twice.
I want to reiterate that this is a low grade cancer if in fact it is cancer and the doctor is very confident he will get it all and I will need no after treatments. After looking at him, I have all the confidence in the world with him and can only hope the anesthesiologist is just as good looking!
I will be in the hospital up to a week. Some resort! I am all set to go in every way. For those of you who have lost a dear one I would like to tell you 2 short stories:

1.  Mid July when I was busy working then running to my mom's to pack her apartment and get her ready for her move to assisted I had a particularly hard day of it. Exhausted, burned out fried...do not even describe how I felt. I fell asleep about 8PM and at 300AM I awoke to a very faint touching all over my face. Almost like a feather. My very first thought is that my dad was trying to thank me for taking care of my mom.

2.  Yesterday was a trying day as far as doctors and insurance went. I am only allowed to go to certain hospitals and Banner Desert is  the one I want to be at as that is where we both go for everything. The surgeon's office told me that according to my card I could not go there. I did not understand that as I had just had my biopsy there.
     Last night, again at 300AM I awoke to a slight tugging at the neckline of my nightgown. Teddy was fast asleep way on the other side of the bed with his back to me. My very first thought, very first that came in to my head was ......I AM able to go to Banner Desert. In June my insurance company sent me a new card with the wrong doctor and it was not my hospital group on it. It is their mistake!!! This morning I called them and sure enough I was right. They post dated my request to yesterday and all is right with my card and I can go to Banner Desert. Now I ask you, is someone watching over me? I would have never thought of that and here it was put into my mind in a flash upon waking.
Call me crazy, I think my dad is still taking care of me! I really feel you too will receive signs, you just have to "feel" them!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Re: Surgery Date Set

Woo Hoo, Lainy!!!  You've got your date set, you've got great attitude, you've got heavy-duty support system, you've got a goodlooking doctor, and more importantly...you've got Teddy!  You Go, Girl!

Jolene

"Faith in something greater than ourselves enables us to do what we have said we'll do, to press forward when we are tired or hurt or afraid, to keep going when the challenge seems overwhelming and the course is entirely uncertain."     ~g. b. hinckley

Lainy,
I am glad everything got sorted out. Good luck on the surgery.I have felt a couple of times someone watching out for me too. It is one of those things that you know it when you feel it.

Take care,
Kris

Cancer is a word, not a sentence.

36 year old patient with buckets of hope

What a beautiful reminder that we have to be open to such precious moments, communications go on- if you let them. I'm glad that your Dad is still touching base!

Best to you Lainy!

-Tess