Topic: Teddy's Turn - Update

We visited the ONC today and the LAB report was very good except.....his CA9 jumped from 11 to 56. The ONC said we should not be concerned at this point as this sometimes happens from having a Whipple. Yah, well it has not happened in 4 years! I am calling the radiologist Tuesday as he wanted a PET Scan this month anyway, hopefully before my surgery and the ONC feels it is the best way to check out everything.  Now you are maybe asking, how can T & E handle all this. Like I say, it is what it is and when we know for sure we do what has to be done!  Oh, his bilirubin was perfect. I tell you he is always trying to upstage me! I just can't have my own cancer time! One cute thing as we were saying bye to the ONC he turns to us and says, see you in 2 months we like the nice people to come back! Love, Love , love our doctors.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Re: Teddy's Turn - Update

Lainy,
You must be so worried. Tell Teddy he better shape up because your plate is full. Wishing nothing but the best for you both.

Kris

Cancer is a word, not a sentence.

36 year old patient with buckets of hope

Oh Lainy, It is just one thing after the other, isn't it?  I am hoping everything will turn out just fine for both of you.  How can it be any other way with your great "ATTITUDE"!  smile

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

What next!                                  Janet

Thank you all. Kris, I try to tell him my plate is full but like a Sicilian mother he keeps piling the platter with more!

Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

I called to set up Teddy's PET and of course I was told they are just setting up the September PET's and I will be called by the PET department. I will give them until  next week. They don't know me like you all do. I want everything done before I go in on the 1st so T and I can do our Cancer dance! OMG this waiting is terrible, I just realized I still have 3 weeks to go. I walked in to choir rehearsal yesterday and everyone says, "oh, you look so good". Think today I will roll around on the little stones in our yard (no grass in Phoenix) so I look beat up. Let's see what other mischief I can get in to.
I also want to clarify for those of you who know Teddy's condition. A year ago when the CC returned where the duodenum used to be his count climbed slowly from 17 to 59 with no other symptoms. This time it jumped from 11 to 56 with no other symptoms. He is getting all these golf ball size hernias along his scar line but I am thinking maybe they are not hernias. So I say to myself, go to sleep wandering mind, you think too much.  Are we a pair or what????

I'm thinking of you, Lainy.  Wishing you bucketloads of good luck.

Julia

“When it is dark enough, you can see the stars." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Lainy,

You have said it so many time yourself .. this board teaches us to be diligent, ask questions, challenge responses and seek additional opinions when necessary. You are an ADVOCATE for Teddy and you do a smashing job at it.  Thinking to much is not necessarily a bad thing, but don't let it hinder your own health.

Take care of yourself (& Teddy).

Bz