Topic: Have to share some happy news!

Hi all!

As most of you know, my Mom was diagnosed in May of 2008.  As her diseased progressed my daughter (who was scheduled to be married this coming December) knew her grandmother would not still be here.  Since Liz is the youngest of 4 grandchildren and the ONLY granddaughter,  the wedding was moved to December 2008.  She was adament that her grandmother would be at her wedding like all of the others! 

I planned a formal (400 invitation) full military wedding in 4 months while traveling to and from Greensboro, NC to take my Mom and Dad on their trips to Duke plus numerous hospital stays.  The great news is that Mom lived until April of this year and WAS able to dance at her granddaughter's wedding and see the birth of her second Great grandchild.  My daughter was married to her Marine on the 20th of December and he deployed to Iraq on January 11th (the day before his birthday!).  We expected this deployment to last until this coming January since the group that would have relieved his group was sent to Afghanistan.

The Great News is that he is coming home early - either tonight or tomorrow morning!  My daughter and both families are so excited!  He's never seen his home since their base housing did not come through until after he left.

Just wanted to share this wonderful news and thank all of you for your prayers, love and support you've always shown me and my family!  I know my Mom is busy in heaven this morning making sure all of our "Heaven Deployed" loved ones are informed of this wonderful news!

Much love and hugs to all!

Pam

My Mom lost her one year battle with CC on April 3, 2009.

"A prognosis is simply an audit of how truly precious each day is.  Live each day to the maximum, celebrate what was, and what is - Don't spend your life looking forward to what will or might be." .... words of wisdom from my beloved son on hearing of his grandmother's CC prognosis.

Re: Have to share some happy news!

Pam,

I am so excited for your daughter and the whole family!  My son is currently deployed on his 7th tour "over there". He is a Green Beret and pretty much follows the 6 months there-6 months home schedule, tho we were very lucky to have him home for about a year. He left at the end of July and won't be home until February, at least.

This is FANTASTIC news and I am so glad you shared this great news!!!
Sue

Today is a new day. Congratulations, you are already a survivor!

Pam,

How exciting and what wonderful news for all of you.  The best to you and your family.

Love & Hugs To All Of You,

Darla

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

Dear Pam, that is absolutely the best news ever. We are so happy for your family. As Teddy (who is Catholic) and I approach my Holiday of a New Year we are wishing for Peace in the world and for all the troops to come home and we thank them all for keeping us safe.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Thank you Pam for sharing.  It is always nice to be able to keep up with new developments especially, since the wedding was so highly anticipated and had been such  a joy to read about.
Nice thoughts coming your way,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Pam,
  What wonderful news - I am so happy for all of you. Thanks for sharing - we all love good news!

Joyce C.

Pam,wishing some happy times for you all     Janet

Just to update...we had 5 delays but today, Thursday at 9:15 my son-in-law and 26 of his fellow Marines were home!

By the way Sue, James' parents live in Hartford City, Indiana....

I've already passed on the good wishes to my daughter and son-in-law!

Pam

My Mom lost her one year battle with CC on April 3, 2009.

"A prognosis is simply an audit of how truly precious each day is.  Live each day to the maximum, celebrate what was, and what is - Don't spend your life looking forward to what will or might be." .... words of wisdom from my beloved son on hearing of his grandmother's CC prognosis.

Is he home safely now? I am sure both sides of the family are unable to contain a big smile across faces. Wonderful, wonderful news.

Kris

Cancer is a word, not a sentence.

36 year old patient with buckets of hope

Pam,

I am so glad the newlyweds have been reunited! This is the best feel good story I have heard in a while, are you sure it is not a Hallmark commercial? It should be!

Their sacrifices are many and their families also sacrifice so let's hear it for the Marines! Welcome Home! Hip-Hip-Hooray! Hip-Hip-Hooray! Hip-Hip-Hooray!

Patty