Topic: Teddy'S PET Results

Just what I knew already...the tumor from last year is still shrinking but there is a new "spot" near his kidney. I have to make an appointment to see the RAD Man when I can go out again , so in about 3 weeks. He said it is very small and he would not do anything for a couple of months then do another scan to see if it in fact is growing. I am sure we will talk about more when we see him. Want to ask about a biopsy. I told him I just knew it and that I know this is the beginning of more tumors to come. He didn't answer me. Thanks Teddy for taking my mind off my up coming surgery. Even though I knew in my gut I am  glad he is golfing right now so I can reconoiter and gather my troops inside me. For me the hardest part about this whole thing is telling him each time that it may be back. That is the hardest for me as I cannot show him I am worried and its hard as he knows I know too much about all this. OK In another hour I will be fine and we start our fight for him, I know mine will come out OK as I have to take care of T. Thank you all for all your thoughts and posts. We have a loving family and many friends, Teddy is just so loved by everyone, but nothing means more to me than all of you!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Re: Teddy'S PET Results

My love to you & Teddy.  xx

“When it is dark enough, you can see the stars." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Lainy, Sounds like Teddy's drs are on things, that is wonderful.  I am so sorry to hear about the new spot.... ugh!  You are correct, after you get this settled into your mind, you will be ready to fight this fight all over again.  I can see how strong both you and Teddy are.  We are all here for you.
Love, Amy

The good news is that the spot is so small they can't even do anything yet so we have time. Honestly I am beginning to think my surgery next week is to give me a mental rest for a few days!!! My fancy resort, the hospital.

Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Lainy,
Not the news we wanted to hear, but you are right..it is small and there is time to whip it into shape. Are they thinking cyberknife again?

Now you tell Mr.Teddy that I said he needs to have a firm discussion with his cancer and tell it to knock it off so you can focus some on yourself.

good luck with your surgery.

Kris

Cancer is a word, not a sentence.

36 year old patient with buckets of hope

Thanks, Kris. I relayed your message and he is laughing. Either that or I can call on his Sicilian cousins to handle it. We are not proceeding with anything until we see the RAD MAN about the 3rd week in October. Tony Soprano where are you?

Lainy,I expect its good to know what you are dealing with.I know your gut feeling this time was that something was going on.Now you had better concentrate on yourself for a bit                           Janet x

Lainy and Ted,

Gary and I are sorry to hear Teddy didn't get a clean bill of health, but it sounds very managable - and you have his terrific history going for you.  Good luck with your surgery next week - we'll be thinking of you and saying prayers.  Gary has some issues right now.  I'm long overdue posting but will do that soon.
Wishing you the best, Elaine and Gary

Live each day to the fullest

Lainy and Teddy,  my thoughts and best wishes are with you. 

Jolene

"Faith in something greater than ourselves enables us to do what we have said we'll do, to press forward when we are tired or hurt or afraid, to keep going when the challenge seems overwhelming and the course is entirely uncertain."     ~g. b. hinckley

Lainy,

Thinking of you and Teddy

Katie

Lainy,
Don't worry too much. Teddy has been a "miracle man" all along and will continue to be. Take care of yourself-that's the best thing you can do for Teddy, so he won't have to worry about you!!  Best wishes, Mary

Good Lord, Not what we wanted to hear.  My thoughts and prayers are with you all. 

Just wondering, is he feeling anything where the spots are?  My ca 19, was up last month as well, however my dr was not concerned.  I do have some pain in the right kidney area and they actually had me leave a urine sample, guess they were thinking infection of some sort.  Never heard a word regarding results.  My apt is monday for this month, so will find out then. 

Here I was just celebrating my one year post whipple, with no reccurance.

Lainy & Ted,

Everything that has already been said goes for me too.  Just want you to know that I am thinking of both of you and hoping everything will go smoothly and turn out for the best.

Love & Hugs,
Darla

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

As always, thank you all so much for your kind words and encouragement.

Jill- We are not sure where the "spot" is yet just that its near a kidney. Teddy also has the problem with the right ureter when the CC came back last year it pushed the right ureter closed and it is now stented. Actually the RAD MAN said it is very small so I don't think it would be causing discomfort yet. Our only clue was the rising CA19 . The only discomfort he has once in a while is from small hernias that have developed along the incision line, and as you know that's a huge line.  Teddy's CA9 in August was 11 then jumped to 56 in September. His ONC said this can happen with someone who has had a Whipple. My gut said no, this is not right. I called and had his PET scheduled, it was about due anyway, and they found the new little spot. I am making an appointment to see him in about 3 weeks as my surgery is Thursday with a colonoscopy and endoscopy on Wednesday so we have no time until then, but the RAD Man said  that was fine. Honestly you have to go with your gut as we have TOP doctors on this and still they try to play it down. If you feel something is not right, push for what you want. Please keep us posted!