Topic: Keeping spirits up...

Hello all!

I just wanted to let everyone know that I had my 6 month (well, 2 years and 8 month) CT scan today and everything still looks great! To quote the doc "Your liver is a good size, the flow into and out of it look great and I didn't find anything IN it!"  I don't know that in our situation you can get any better news than that.

If nothing else, I hope it does give cc patients some hope that there are people out there who survive.  The doc told me that most recurrences occur within in the first year, but by the end of the second year, the chances of recurrence drop into the single digits.  I know I will never be "out of the woods", but what wonderful words to hear! Maybe in a few more years, I will believe it! 

For now, it's still tough to think about.  But it is getting easier and I do not dwell on recurrence like I used to.

Hugs to all,
Sue

Today is a new day. Congratulations, you are already a survivor!

Re: Keeping spirits up...

Congratulations! Great news we all would like to hear.
Louise smile  smile  smile

Sue, that is just the best news we could get!!!!  You are another Miracle Woman! Keep that good news coming. YEAH!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Sue,

Nice going, keep it up and take care of your lovely liver!

Patty

Wonderful, wonderful news, Sue!!  Wheeeee!! smile:):)

"Time may be a great healer, but it's a lousy beautician."

Hi Sue,

That is fabulous news. Thank you for giving me some hope smile

Melanie

Don't let cancer ruin your day!

Thanks for sharing, Sue, the news all of us can revel in.
Love
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

There goes my cancer buddy with another clean scan. Yippee!

Kris

Cancer is a word, not a sentence.

36 year old patient with buckets of hope

Sue,   Way to go girl...so thrilled for you!  Now relax, enjoy; celebrate and  exhale...ahhhh  hurray!  Thanks for sharing!  hugs, deb

I don't come on here very often but read your news. I am very happy for you. I know how much that news can mean to you. You hear people complaining about stupid things and you think "if only you knew". Keep up the good work.

AWESOME!! I'm so glad to hear the good news!
Ashley

Congratulations Sue on the good news!

I am new to the board, could you either direct me to posts describing your treatment or give me a brief summary?

13 (edited by scragots Fri, 25 Sep 2009 15:59:03)

Thanks, ajcarman72!  You are more than welcome to check my history.  You can either use the "search forum" button at the top of this page to search my username (scragots) or you can click on my username in the box to the left and then click on "see all posts" or something like that.  It will show you all of my posts and you can start with the oldest one.  If you have ANY trouble, just let me know and I will send you some direct links to my posts.

Never forget there is always hope!!!

Today is a new day. Congratulations, you are already a survivor!

That is wonderful news, Sue - We all love (and need) to read good news - treatments that are working, people that are doing well, hopeful news. I am so happy for you.

Joyce C.