Topic: Missing my Mom....

Today, October 8th would have been my Mom's 78th birthday.  I miss her so much.....sigh

My Mom lost her one year battle with CC on April 3, 2009.

"A prognosis is simply an audit of how truly precious each day is.  Live each day to the maximum, celebrate what was, and what is - Don't spend your life looking forward to what will or might be." .... words of wisdom from my beloved son on hearing of his grandmother's CC prognosis.

Re: Missing my Mom....

Oh Cherbourg,

I feel for you so much. My Dad's birthday fell just 5 weeks after he passed away. It is so hard.

Thinking of you today, your memories and love for your Mum live on deep in your heart.

Katie

Pam,

Those first year milestones are tough. Know that we are thinking of you.

Jan

I'm thinking of you, too, Pam.

Love Julia x

"Time may be a great healer, but it's a lousy beautician."

Thanks to you all!  One of the nurses I work with in the hospital met me at lunch carrying a slice of carrot cake.  She handed me a fork and said we had to eat cake to celebrate my mom's birthday.  She said we were celebrating a life well lived and the legacy she left of a loving daughter.

She made me cry but I thought it was one of the dearest things anyone has ever done for me.....

My Mom lost her one year battle with CC on April 3, 2009.

"A prognosis is simply an audit of how truly precious each day is.  Live each day to the maximum, celebrate what was, and what is - Don't spend your life looking forward to what will or might be." .... words of wisdom from my beloved son on hearing of his grandmother's CC prognosis.

Pam, thinking of you and your mom.  You were so loving and considerate to her, I know that she is watching over you with pride. 

A very happy birthday to your mom,
Jolene

"Faith in something greater than ourselves enables us to do what we have said we'll do, to press forward when we are tired or hurt or afraid, to keep going when the challenge seems overwhelming and the course is entirely uncertain."     ~g. b. hinckley

Pam, what a very kind & sensitive gesture.  I remember when my dad died, my mum still wanted to celebrate their wedding anniversary; she said his death didn't stop them being married & she was celebrating the event which had occurred on that date.

Your mum was - & still is - very, very precious; I'd like to join in the celebration of her birth with you.

Happy Birthday!!

Jxx

"Time may be a great healer, but it's a lousy beautician."

Pam,

That truly was a lovely gesture from your friend,

Katie