Topic: Chat room: Let's talk

Anyone can use the chat room, anytime.  The problem we are encountering is that no one talks. 
Does anyone have a specific subject interested in discussing?  If so, then we can set specific times for others to join in. 
Any other suggestions?
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Re: Chat room: Let's talk

Oh, this has made me sad. The last time we used the chatroom, Peter organised it. I miss him.

kris

Cancer is a word, not a sentence.

36 year old patient with buckets of hope

Ohhhh, Kris, I feel that way every time I see a thread appear from our  beloved Jeff G. I miss him so much!!!!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Me too.  So, let us continue with their memories in heart.  Let's chat.

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

We have an active chat group at J-pouch.org which i am also a member of and we found that it worked WELL to have a scheduled time for "chat night."  It happens to be every Thursday at 9PM EST, and then there is another time more convenient for those that lived in Europe.

It might be easier if there were some set times for gatherings.

Rick

Ulcerative Colitis 1990, Stage 0 colon cancer and subsequent colectomy with J-pouch in 7/2005, PSC 7/2005, Klatsin CCA 8/2009

Lets try to get chat going again.  Perhaps we could pick a time that would allow the most people to join in - considering all of the different time zones that our members live in.

Maybe we could try 4PM EST which will give most folks in the US an oppotunity to join in and those who stay up a bit later in Europe might be able to make it as well.  I like Thursdays.  So - maybe we could try Thursday at 4PM EST as a trial.  We could start a thread under general discussion to remind people of the scheduled chat time.

Let me know what you think.

Rick

Ulcerative Colitis 1990, Stage 0 colon cancer and subsequent colectomy with J-pouch in 7/2005, PSC 7/2005, Klatsin CCA 8/2009

Hi Rick,

This is a great idea of having a scheduled chat time that could happen every week, especially for me as I am one of these Europeans that stay up a bit later most nights!!! 4Pm EST your time works out at 9PM here in the UK and 10PM in mainland Europe, I think! Thursdays are good for me as well, what about everybody else?

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Great idea.  Count me in.  Rick or Gavin, would you like to organize this?
Thanks
Marion

Hi Marion,

Okay, I'll try and organise this, unless Rick wants to? How about next Thursday, 4pm EST for our first pre-arranged chat for us all? I'll post a reminder before this in the general discussion page so that hopefully more members will see it and can join us. Should we have a topic specificaly to discuss, or can we just all get together and have a blether as they say here in Scotland?

Thoughts everyone?

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

10 (edited by marions Mon, 12 Jul 2010 23:08:29)

I am fine with anything proposed, Gavin and Rick.  I am really excited about this happening.  Kris and I had taken part in the chat mentioned in her post. It lasted for quite some time in fact; Kris watched the sun come up in Sweden.  I do remember though that we chatted all over the place and it became a bit disorganized.  But it was tons of fun.
Best,
Marion

Hi Marion,

I am looking forward to this as well and it does sound like fun! Hopefully quite a few of us will be able to get involved and maybe it could be a weekly thing? A cuppa tea and a blether with friends sounds like a good night to me!

Best wishes,

Gavin

Thursdays might just work out for me.  Usually I'm leaving work at 3:30 CST.  Is EST ahead of CST by 1 hour?  I don't mean to sound a little off here, and this seems so basic, but I can't remember?

If so, that would leave me at work for about 1/2 hour for chat, then I would be enroute home until about 5:00 (CST).  BUT Thurs will be my day for chemo and blood tests (at least for a couple weeks), so I may be off that day anyway.

I'd be interested anyway to see how others respond.  Sounds like a great idea!

Linda

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

Are we still chatting on Thursday?

Well I'll definitely be there!

I'll have to check out what 4pm EST is in relation to BST.  Oh I do get confused with the time thing.

How does the chatroom work?

No - don't tell me; I'll do my best to be around tomorrow & then I'll find out smile

“When it is dark enough, you can see the stars." - Ralph Waldo Emerson