Topic: my daily problem for today

Friends, Romans, countrymen, and, most especially, poor stood up Marion:

The description for this section says it is a place to discuss daily problems so I suppose this is the most appropriate place but perhaps we need to add a new section for those who have completely lost their mind.

This was my daily problem for today:

At about 4pm, Marion called me to say her plane had landed and I did not pick up the phone because I was in the shower. When next Marion tried to phone me, I picked it up a little frantically, as I was only about halfway transformed into Cleopatra and was going through all sorts of old jewelry looking for bracelets and necklaces that would completely transform me into Cleopatra as I was attending my friend's 40th Birthday/Halloween party.

The connection was bad but I soon realized it was Marion and said: Oh, yes, Marion you are calling to confirm, yes, I can still pick you up at the airport, yes, yes, tomorrow at 4pm. That is when Marion said: No, I am here now. And I thought, now, she is here now, and I am Cleopatra right now, well, Cleopatra-ish as I am still working on that. And Marion is here today, not tomorrow, she is at the airport waiting for you to pick her up and take her to dinner. That is when Marion said: It's ok, Patty, I will take a cab, I need to get organized for the conference anyway, it is better for me this way.

So the moral of the story is, if you ever visit Chicago, call me. And if I offer to pick you up at the airport, make plan B. Marion and I made plan B so we will see each other tomorrow since, of course, I am available.

Mental note to self: Do not go to airport tomorrow, Marion is not there, she is at the hotel.

Patty

Re: my daily problem for today

Actually, now I see that this is where people are supposed to go to get away from their daily problems, the faux pas just keep coming.

Patty

Thank you for sharing that, Patty; that gave me the best laugh I've had for ages (particularly your "Mental Note to Self" at the end!!)  I'm so sorry to be laughing at your description of your state of confusion, but the images which flashed into my mind were just so hilariously graphic ... Cleopatra, just out of the shower - heading for a Hallowe'en Ball & scrabbling for her car keys ... big_smile

(BTW: My understanding of the Members' Cafe is that it's a place to go for relief from daily concerns & your comments certainly fitted that bill - I hope you & Marion really enjoy your dinner this evening)

Jxx

“When it is dark enough, you can see the stars." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Oh Patty, you've made me laugh!

Hope Cleo was a great success & not still dripping wet!

Have a lovely evening with Marion!

Val

I wish that Patty would not feel bad because, it worked out well.  Being that it was Halloween it was best for her to stay on her side of the City and for me to stay at the Hotel.  I made a mistake also in that my portion of the exhibit ends on Tuesday rather than what I had thought, on Thursday.  I am hoping though to meet up with her within the next two days because, a big storm is coming this way and I do not want to be stranded in Chicago.
Best to all,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Funny! 

Cleopatra, Queen of Denial.