Topic: Honey I'M BAAACK & Let's Meet

OK, I confess I spent the last 2 days adjusting & thinking about me. But I am over it now and ready to get on with life!  I did want to mention that on Friday when I got all my news on my DX the ONC did say that the strength I pull on I have gotten from our CC web site. So I thank you all.

You can tell I am feeling better as I have another idea. What would you think of setting up a 2-3 day weekend here in Phoenix this winter for Caretaker/Patients who would like to come meet one another. We could use the time to relax, talk and do a little sight seeing. What I would like to know... is there anyone who would be interested in a get together like that? I know Marion would be but we need more than the 2 of us. Please let me know if you are interested and if so what month would work for you. I will be happy to keep track of what we hope will be a nice long list.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Re: Honey I'M BAAACK & Let's Meet

I wish I could do it but the distance is against me             Janet

I know, Janet, but we can dream about it. Maybe some day we will have become so well known, we can meet close that distance!

Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Lainy,

I might just be tempted to get out of winter time in Indianapolis to travel to the wonderful warmth of Phoenix!  I would love to meet some of the wonderful people from this site. You are all my heroes.  And I think we could do some damage in Phoenix given half a chance!!!

Sue

Today is a new day. Congratulations, you are already a survivor!

Lainy,

Nothing wrong at all with you having some "me" time and putting yourself first for a change! Phoenix in winter does sound ideal and meeting up with some of you sounds like a great idea. Maybe some time in the future I will be able to jump on a plane and make that journey!

Best wishes

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Sue, wonderful!!!  I will keep everyone posted.

Gavin, we would so love to see you!

Lainy,
Me time is always ok. I just got it approved by my psychologist today in fact!

I wish I could come to Pheonix. Take loads of pictures if it happens.

Kris

Cancer is a word, not a sentence.

36 year old patient with buckets of hope

Here is a salute to me time!  I just had a thought. Perhaps we could do some contacting by web cam to other family members if this all comes about. Take care, always thinking about you!

Hi Everyone. I am going to keep this post circulating so people who may have missed it have a chance to reply how they feel about a get together in Phoenix this winter. So far we have Sue (Scargot) Marion and me.

Hi Lainy,
I have a definate interest in attending but I will have to see how I can juggle...my daughter is expecting end of December/beginning of January and I have offered my time to assist.  I also work parttime, but depending on other peoples' vacations can schedule time off.  It will just depend on when this winter you all decide to make this happen.  Please keep us posted.

Wishing all God's blessings!

Great, Karen.  Let's see if we can get 10 people then the 10 can start discussing dates. Of course others can join in even after the date is set. I will keep this thread going or start a new one as well. I am very happy to hear that people are thinking about it.

How about February?  Just an idea, because that's when the gloom of winter really starts to get me down.