Topic: Chillax on a weekend in Phoenix

We are trying to put together a 2-3 day weekend in Phoenix, where it's warm in the winter. Heck, it's warm all the time! Blue skies, lots of sunshine, plants always blooming in the dessert. Taking a poll to see if we get any responses. Several people have said they would like to have a weekend to meet others. Caretakers and patients are all welcome to come. We do have 4 already. We can sit and chat with each other, may be very good also for those who have lost a loved one to CC.  Throw in a little sightseeing along with our bonding and it could just be the RX we all need. Please let me know if you are interested and I will keep this thread running.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Re: Chillax on a weekend in Phoenix

When were you thinking of having the fun?

I thought I would run my "ad" until December 1st then run a poll for those who think they might come and see what is the best time for everyone.

Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

lainy, i'm interested.  i live in southern california so it's a strong possibility....   actually, as of today, it appears my husband, one of my daughters, and i will be driving to casa grande during the thanksgiving week/week end.  as usual for us, the trip is a bit jumbled as to time/hours/etc. but we are really looking forward to spending time with our youngest grandchild jaedon.

oh yes, i did email aarp in an attempt to pass on info about this website to the female you and i had discussed a few  weeeks ago.  if i should "hear" anything i'll let you know.  i hope that she will look "us" up and post here.  i have no guarantee that aarp will contact her with the info i provided. 

much love,
barb h

OMG Barb, Casa Grande is only 25 minutes from us as we are 5  minutes South of Chandler on the I10 to C.Grande. In fact when we go to Tucson to see Teddy's  Cousins, we always stop for breakfast at the Cracker Barrel. I have guests coming from Milwaukee for 4 nights (I sure hope I am up to this one) and I know you want to spend your time with family , but if you wanted to meet for breakfast or anytime, let me know. I put you name down for the possible weekend.

wow lainy, maybe somehow i/we can figure something out.  as it is, my daughter, sandi, had already made plans with some friends in tucson so we (my husband booth, my middle daughter sherri & me) will see them sometime later that day.

we plan to start driving back home sometime on saturday as i prefer not to do it all in one day.

lainy if you would email me at barbara_hartley@hotmail.com i'll give you my cell phone #.   

you are going to be really busy with so much company.  i honestly don't know how you are going to do that lainy.... considering all you and teddy are going through.  i hope to goodness you are NOT doing all the cooking. 

it's a bit of an emotional issue that i'm not baking pies and stuffing a turkey, but with all the pain battles and the pain meds.... i can't push myself that hard.  plus, i know that little jaedon really really would love to see us.

also.... i saw a colo-rectal surgeon today so i need to find the correct place to post that info.  i'll try to do that tomorrow.... i'm really tired.

much love,
barb h