Topic: Online Birthday Party...Favorite Thing???

Hello all!

Today is a great day...it's Kris's (devoncat's) birthday!!!  Everyone wish her Happy Birthday!  We have to celebrate!  On this board, we are all "family", even if we don't know each other. Kris is one of our favorite people.  Let her know why!!!

My favorite thing about Kris...(I can't just pick one)...

Her strength
Her humor
Her love of life, her cats, her flowers and Hans (not in any particular order, of course!)

Happy birthday, girl, and here's to MANY more!
Hugs,
Sue

Today is a new day. Congratulations, you are already a survivor!

Re: Online Birthday Party...Favorite Thing???

Oh My, I will joyfully add my Happy Birthday to Kris!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU,
           HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU,
                       HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR KRIS,
                                  HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!   Have a wonderful day.

(now U know why T & I sing in the choir)

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KRIS!!!!!!!!   smile

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

Kris,
Enjoy your day!!!! Maybe you got the RED coat as a gift from your hubby??
:-)

Ashley

Happy, Happy, Happy Birthday, Kris!!!

big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile

xxxx

Love Julia & Susan (sis) xxxx

“When it is dark enough, you can see the stars." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happy Birthday Kris!! I hope you had a great day, and are still have a great day! Here's to many more birthdays!

Best wishes

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

You guys made me laugh and blush! Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I feel very special.

Hans and I were driving to the hospital for chemo today and we talked about how much this board means to me. We know I most likely wont beat this cancer but we talked about what would I do if I did. I said that I dont know but it would have to be something for the Foundation  since it means so much to me. We are a family and a tight group. I think I am as addicted to everyone here as I am too planting flower bulbs. smile

Thanks again for the warm wishes.

Cancer is a word, not a sentence.

36 year old patient with buckets of hope

A Chicago shoutout to the birthday girl! I have never heard it but my favorite thing about Kris is her laugh, anyone who is that hilarious must have a hilarious laugh to match!

Patty

Kris, ever since your photo & profile popped up on the Faces page (lovely photo, by the way!!) I've wanted to know more about your "indifferent cat".  (Hans sounds to be GREAT - but living with an indifferent cat, too???)

There's something about that phrase which just intrigues me - Please tell more, Kris!!

10 (edited by devoncat Wed, 18 Nov 2009 02:20:59)

Sessan is our indifferent cat. She basically cared little about me. I tried everything. But she LOVES Hans. I will try to pet her, and she drops her butt so I cant reach her and then runs away. I call her and she turns around and leaves. Then when Hans comes home, she is all over him, acting like I have ignored her all day. You would not believe the looks of love she gives him.

Then we got another cat. And he is definately my cat and is all over me. The little girl is now jeleous so she is not so indifferent to me anymore. But before, I did not exist in her world. My family laughed at her because it was so bad.

Cancer is a word, not a sentence.

36 year old patient with buckets of hope

yikes kris..... it's now the day after your birthday. 

put another candle on your birthday cake,
i didn't bake a birthday cake
put another candle on your birthday cake,
you're another year old today
hooray or however you spell that

i LOVE you sense of humor..... your writing ..... brightens my day

thank you for being "sassy" lassie

a big hug to you with love,
barb h

Hi Kris...sending warm wishes for your birthday...regretably a day late, still very sincere.  It is amazing how one can feel such friendship with another without ever meeting in person...that's a testimony to your character and personality which is so very evident through your posts of wisdom and experiences.  Thank you for being you; the world is so much brighter because you are here.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!   --Did you get the red coat?  I do hope you did.  Whenever I get the blues, I wear something red...I feel so...'sassy'.  wink

Hugs,
Jolene

"Faith in something greater than ourselves enables us to do what we have said we'll do, to press forward when we are tired or hurt or afraid, to keep going when the challenge seems overwhelming and the course is entirely uncertain."     ~g. b. hinckley

happy birthday kris,

moon

Birthday wishes to you                          Janet

Happiest birthday to you Kris.

Joyce C.

16 (edited by Lalupes Thu, 19 Nov 2009 08:20:59)

Thanks for telling me about Sessan.  My late boy-cat, Tom, was THE most loving cat in the world.  When he died I swore no more cats for me, unless another stray walked in, as Tom had (walked in from the railway line & stayed 13 years).

Then I met Laura at the local animal shelter.  Laura is feisty & beautiful, with no tail & a very distinct personality.  We immediately adopted each other BUT she will NOT be cuddled.  She is very decisive about wanting all four paws on the ground at all times (unless, of course, SHE chooses to lift them).  Tom would follow me everywhere, but for ages Laura showed no interest at all.

My vet said girl-cats tend to adore men & boy-cats tend to adore women.  Your story interested me, too, when you said: "SHE basically cared little about me ... But she LOVES Hans" & then: "HE is definately my cat and is all over me" - seems to conform to my vet's gender observation!!

I'm glad she's more interested in you now - a little jealousy is no bad thing in these circumstances!!