1 (edited by Katieloumatt Thu, 19 Nov 2009 10:48:35)

Topic: Feel really sorry for myself....

Hi everyone,

Got back from Florida on Friday and straight into work Saturday until yesterday my first day off...

Started to feel really unwell with a high temp, aching,cough and wheeze, knowing that I had been in contact with children with swine flu at work I began to suspect that is maybe what is wrong with me...

So following the NHS protocol I phoned my GP who called me back a the end of surgery, she said we had to presume it was swine flu because of the symptoms and that I had had direct contact..

So my husband had to go and collect a script, a sicknote for over  a week and go to a centre that was dishing out the Tamiflu...

So I'm out of action for a while, my son, bless him keeps bringing me drinks, and has 'lent' me his laptop, although all I want to do is sleep and drink...

Have to make you laugh though, rang work to tell them and was told my name was going in the swine flu book. We have a A4 size book with a picture of a pig on it.... so that is where I have ended up!! lol

Katie

Re: Feel really sorry for myself....

Oh, Katie, so sorry to hear you have been knocked down by a pig! Oink, Oink!
Some people cruise and bring back sea shells, you cruise and bring back a piggie. Feel better.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Poor Katie.
I hope you feel better soon. Perhaps you will have a mild case? Have a "slumber" party...you do all the sleeping and relaxing while others do all the work.

Kris

Cancer is a word, not a sentence.

36 year old patient with buckets of hope

Katie......Everyone assumes that it is the swine flu when coming down with symptoms such as yours.  Rest, fluid, and a great son like yours will do the trick. 
Get better soon,
Best wishes,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

I'm so sorry you've gone down with the swine flu.  My sister's been told she has to be vaccinated & then they looked at me & said "you, too", which I definitely wasn't expecting!!

I hope you feel much better very soon.

Julia xx

“When it is dark enough, you can see the stars." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Yep, everyone around us high riskers need the vaccination. At the hospital where I get my chemo, all visitors must have the vaccination on my ward. Dont know how they check, but knowing how law abiding and uptight Swedish people are, it works more on guilt than enforcement.

Cancer is a word, not a sentence.

36 year old patient with buckets of hope

7 (edited by Katieloumatt Mon, 23 Nov 2009 09:26:11)

Thank You all for your good wishes and kind words... I am now feeling slightly more like myself, the raging temperature has gone as have the aches and pains.

Left with a nasty cough and feeling tired but getting there.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend and looking forward to Thanksgiving and the subsequent sales!!

My Mum was telling me Walmart are going to be selling laptops for $199 and sat nav's for $50 but that it would involve queuing up all night.... Not even me a hardened shopper could contemplate that...

Katie