Topic: Joy & Grief

Hello to all my dear cc friends that have provided such support over the last year, through my family's journey.  My Dad, Jack, was diagnosed a year ago Nov. 3rd. We lost him on March 10th, 2009.  While the one year anniversary of his diagnosis has brought many tears, it is also a time of celebration- as we welcomed the beautiful new 8 lb. 15 oz. baby Jack into this world on Nov. 6th. This georgous new little addition was named after Grampa, who I pray is smiling down on him from above. 

Love to you all,

Tess

Re: Joy & Grief

Hi Tess,
Congratulations on the arrival of baby Jack.  I am sure Grandpa Jack is watching over him and all of you with a smile of joy.
Love & Hugs,
Darla

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

Tess,
Let me add my deep excitement over baby Jack. Babies are so special and precious and wonderful. I am sure Grandpa is beaming down warmth and smiles. Now where is the picture link so we can all admire?

Kris

Cancer is a word, not a sentence.

36 year old patient with buckets of hope

Congratulation, Tess on baby Jack. I am sure Grandpa Jack is beaming over his little namesake and will be watching over him for all the years ahead. There is
nothing more exciting than the birth of a Grandchild and then to give the baby your name...well... that tops the charts.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Oh Tess,

Congratulations!!!!!!  You are correct, Grandpa is definitely smiling down on him.

We are so happy for you!

Love, Amy

Tess....I have been awaiting the good news.  This is the kind of news that warms a heart. 
Many hugs
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Hi Tess,
Congratulations on Baby Jack!!! You have had a tough year and I am glad that little Jack is a bundle of joy into your life right now. I bet he is just precious!
Hugs to you and your family and thank you for the emails and all the help you gave me when my mom was first diagnosed.
Ashley

Hi Tess,

Congratulations on the birth of Jack!! And I'm sure that Grampa Jack will indeed be smiling down on you all.

My best wishes to you and your family.

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Hi Tess,
   Congratulations on Baby Jack - babies are such a joy, and I am sure that your Dad is looking down and smiling.

Joyce C.

Tess,

Babies make our day, thanks for sharing!

Patty

Dear Tess,

Congratulations on the arrival of your new baby!  When I saw you in October you looked radiant , so I am  thrilled you now have little Jack to love and enjoy. 
My best to you, Elaine

Live each day to the fullest

Elaine and Tess.....are you keeping something from us?  You had met in October?  I would have loved to have been there. 
Best,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Welcome to Baby Jack!!! big_smile big_smile big_smile

“When it is dark enough, you can see the stars." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hi Tess,
I'm sorry that you had to endure an anniversary for your dad's date of diagnosis - it must've been really tough to relive that memory. 
It is such wonderful news though about your baby; many congratulations - I'm sure baby Jack brings you real joy and hope.  So I hope that November has been turned into a good month to celebrate, rather than one that is tinged with sadness.
You gave me such a sweet and gentle welcome to this board back in April, and were such a great source of hope and inspiration when my mum was first diagnosed, in spite of your own sad loss and heartbreak at the time, and I can't thank you enough for that Tess.
Take care all of you, and I hope baby Jack helps make your dad feel really close by at all times. Wendy x

Hello to all my friends. Thank you so much for all the wonderful warm wishes, it is great to hear from everyone! I will work to get some pics up to share & totally agree that Grampa is looking down. In fact, as my toddler and I sang happy birthday to Grampa yesterday, he told me that he sees Grampa when he's out back playing, and that Grampa talks to him (asked him when he's going to go spend the night with Gramma again)! It was a wonderful reminder that souls that pass not only watch from above, they live amongst us.

Love to all,
Tess

Tess!

8 lbs. and 15 oz. is a toddler in my book!...lol.  I read a wonderful quote the other day that may be appropriate.....

"Babies are God's way of showing you what the world looks like at 2:00am."

I am thrilled for you.  Smiles through tears are one of the great miracles...

Much love and Hugs!

Pam

My Mom lost her one year battle with CC on April 3, 2009.

"A prognosis is simply an audit of how truly precious each day is.  Live each day to the maximum, celebrate what was, and what is - Don't spend your life looking forward to what will or might be." .... words of wisdom from my beloved son on hearing of his grandmother's CC prognosis.

Thanks Pam... isn't that the truth!  I had almost forgotten how beautiful the world is at 2:00 AM, when it's a little one's face under the light of the moon that you're looking at!

Thanks for the well wishes...

Love,
Tess