Topic: clumsiness + clueslessness= dangerous, but funny moment

Hans and I went to our friends house for coffee and a little chat tonight. It is so dark here now, our friends had candles burning everywhere. I sewed some homemade cat toys for them and got so engrossed with their kitties playing with them, I didnt noticed I had backed into a candle hanging on the wall. My scarf caught fire, as did my hair (but that is ok since I am losing it anyway). Luckily, I wasnt hurt...good thing I was wearing a silk and not polyester scarf! It was very exciting and a little funny. My scarf was a complete loss and I had so sit around without a covering which was a little uncomfortable for me to have people see my head. Overall, it was a funny though because who else would catch themselves on fire getting distracted by kitty cuteness.

Kris

Cancer is a word, not a sentence.

36 year old patient with buckets of hope

Re: clumsiness + clueslessness= dangerous, but funny moment

Oh Kris----What a story.  I am so glad it wasn't anything more serious and you came out of this OK and with a great story to tell!!!!!!  smile

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

Kris,
You are a total hoot!! First of all, sewing homeade cat toys?? :-)
Anyway, glad you were not hurt - I sure you are beautiful without your scarf over your head!!

Ashley.

PS thank goodness for the internet in the hospital waiting room. I normally work full time and have 3 young kids, so being here for 5 days I'm going a bit stir crazy!! but my mom is recovering well ( although very very tired) and that's all that matters!

Kris, I always knew you would set the world on fire! Didn't know you would start with you.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Oh my gosh Kris - what a funny story, and, since you didn't get hurt - it has a happy ending. I could picture it, as I read, and I'm thinking maybe you should carry an extra scarf with you as you go? However, I am sure you are beautiful w/o any scarf at all.

Joyce C.

Hi Kris,

I'm glad you are okay! What a great excuse you now have to go out and do more shopping!

Best wishes

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

So funny! I sent you an email through this website but I'm not sure you got it... ?
-Sarah

It was such a funny situation. My friends didnt know how to respond when my head was flaming up. It was as if I was in a Carol Burnett Show sketch.

Ashley, are you saying you dont make homemade cat toys? I thought that was normal.

Sarah, I will check my email. I signed up here with an email address I only use for registrations so I hardly check it. Will look ASAP.

Kris

Cancer is a word, not a sentence.

36 year old patient with buckets of hope

Kris,

Yes, definitely Carol Burnett, I can see you on the show with your scarf on fire and Harvey Korman and Tim Conway are trying to tell you that you are on fire and you are thinking they are just trying to flirt with you and get your attention and then Carol comes in and throws a bucket of water on your head.

Patty