Topic: Medical Thermal Imaging

Has anyone ever heard of this? IF a PET Scan is turned down, is this the next best thing? My daughter just met a man who does this and says it is as good as a PET. I searched for it on our site and didn't see it.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Re: Medical Thermal Imaging

I just sent an email to my oncologist friend and asked her about it. I will let you know what she says.

Kris

Cancer is a word, not a sentence.

36 year old patient with buckets of hope

Thank you toooo much. I also just heard that Mayo Clinic in Phoenix here, is offering Free Scans of any kind to anyone who is turned down by Insurance!!!!  Not sure if its a rumor yet. Can't believe that one.

Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Not sure about this either, but I thought somewhere I read or heard that the Pet Scan is still preferred over thermal imaging for this cancer.  If the insurance approved it before, why not now?  Makes no sense.  Hopefully if nothing else works the rumor is true and he can have it done at Mayo.

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

Just got the email from my friend...she has never heard of using this to detect cancer. It is not done at her hospital nor has she heard of it at any conferences. I dont know how to interpret this...she is half researcher, have hospital oncologist so she sees only about 8 patients a month and researches the rest of the time. She goes to conferences all the time so surely if this was standard she would have heard of it even if they didnt do it at her hospital.

Kris

Cancer is a word, not a sentence.

36 year old patient with buckets of hope

Thanks Kris, about what I thought. So far I have received 4 suggestions from family & friends. I know they are trying to be helpful as they love Teddy so much but honestly they send me on these wild chases that are just too much.
My sister wants me to take him to the VA, I don't think so when we already are with the top here.  Thank you for your quick response.