Topic: HOW WE START THE WEEK

The Radiologist called me per my request last Friday. He said the Insurance
company is still denying the PET Scan and there is nothing more he can do as he can do no more without the PET. I should call the Oncologist. I let him know I would have got on this in November if his gal had not told me Nov 1st that it had been approved!
I left word for the ONC to call me.
Found a PET Scan company in Phoenix. Cost would be about 2,000.00 and they
could get Teddy in this week.  Medicare would pay about 400.00 of it.
Got a call from the Radiologist office, good news, Teddy was just approved
and they are trying to get him in STAT! I have a feeling the Radman made 1
last call because of what his gal had told me about being approved!!!  We
will never know, we don't care, he is in.
Called and canceled the call to the ONC.
Its not just the Cancer that is devastating, it is what the Insurance
Companies put you through!
So now, we are happy again and I will let you know the results when we get
them! And how is your day going?

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Re: HOW WE START THE WEEK

I will never forget when my sister was supposed to have a PET Scan in the beginning and her insurance denied it.  She was devastated.  So my dad made a few calls and guess what...she was approved.   I look back now and think how stressful it was and you are right...all because of an insurance company.  It was bad enough she had less than a year to live.

Lainy,
FANTASTIC news about the PET scan.

How I start my week.....
Went to Swedish class. Drum roll please...I passed the National Test (Ground Level) with an "A". I will start the next level in January.

Got an appnt for needle biopsy for Thursday. I think I am having an ultrasound as well, but my Swedish wasnt that good!

Met with my psychologist and planned next meeting.

Checking prices for a flight home for Christmas.

Cancer is a word, not a sentence.

36 year old patient with buckets of hope

You also had a busy day. Congrats on the A. I will tell you what I tell my Grandkids. A"s are worth $5 apiece. Expensive when I have 3 who are all A students!!!
I am almost positive the Radman also said that he will do a needle biopsy after the PET results. I had a needle biopsy for mine before surgery and I was fine, a walk in the park.
Wouldn't that be lovely to come home for Xmas. Good luck.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Lainy,

Great news with the PET scan and I hope it all goes well for Teddy.

Good luck and my best wishes to you both.

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Great news, Lainy!!  big_smile

GOOD LUCK with the scan!!!!

Jx

"Time may be a great healer, but it's a lousy beautician."