Topic: THe Miracle Man pulls out an unbeliveable Miracle!

We just got home from the Radiologist with the results of yesterdays PET Scan. I tell you I was stunned beyond belief. I still am. Happily!
There are 2 tumors, one is extra hepatic right outside the liver the other is next to the kidney. We have known they were there since September. They have not only NOT grown they have shrunk a little! IT is unbelievable with no answers as to how or why. The Radiologist is dumb  founded as well. If you would ask Teddy he would say its all his praying. I will tell you what, if I didn't believe before I do now! The Miracle Man pulls out another Miracle.
We will discuss it with our Oncologist when we see him in January. We are home free for another 3 months and in March will do another PET. I said, oh no I have to fight a war again and the Radman said, "its only going to get worse with insurance companies".
Yes, Virginia there is a Santa Claus. Woot. woot!
I did ask the Radman about the flu like symptoms, temperatures and tiredness that occur here and there and it just goes with the territory.
Here's to Miracles, they do happen.

P.S. I also asked him why if they are shrinking, is the CA19 climbing when it showed nothing else. He really did not know & said we should talk to the ONC about it. He said something about hormones may need some adjusting?

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Re: THe Miracle Man pulls out an unbeliveable Miracle!

Lainy.....this is incredible news.  I often wonder how this can happen but, am overjoyed that it does.  Tumors shrinking for no specific reason....and no explaination as to why this is occuring.  Did the cells simply quit dividing?  Much discussion has been focused on the intervention and the possibily of over-intervention for specific diseases i.e  Prostrate Cancer.  And here is Teddie's  Angeline Carcinoma!.  Isn't this what he calls it?  Regarding the climbing CA 19-9th and a possible connection with hormones?  Interesting thought.  Is Teddy on for Christmas dinner now?
Hugs and more of the same coming your way,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Hi lovely lady! No one seems to know except we are all elated. Maybe the ONC can shed some light next month, for now we will enjoy. The tumors are definitely there, they have definitely shrunk, Cancer marker keeps going up but all other LABS are great. Now I am getting freaked, could T be an alien????? smile:) 
We have always had an open house for about 70-75 people and T and I did it all. From his calamari in marinara to dessert. But we let that go last year and this year we will have 2 other couples for a wonderful dinner. Robin will be in Milwaukee and the grandkids will be at their dad's in Irvine. Are all the kids coming to you?
Oh, on his name for CC, close but you changed the gender. He says Angelo Carcinoma, that good old Sicilian Fella. The cute thing is he means it!!!
If I am not mistaken I believe I have read of a couple of people who for no apparent reason had tumors that shrunk.
One question. I am getting the feeling from the Radman that he only does what the ONC suggests as Dr. Kresl (Bio reads like whos who)  always says, well what does Dr. Cavalcant say, or talk to Dr. Cavalcant (ONC). He did say he was going to call him. I get the feeling he doesn't want to overstep the ONC. I honestly thought he would be more involved. I guess what I am asking is from your knowledge do Radiologists usually get more involved or not. I am not switching, just wondered.

Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Lainy,

What great news.  I am so happy for both of you.

Darla

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

That is such unbelievable but definately welcome news Lainy. Wow, sometimes like gives us little miracles and amazing thinsg to ponder on.

Are they still considering cyberknife?

As to radiologists...I think of mine as a silent partner, really silent. In fact, they never tell me anything. The only doctor who talks to me or interacts with me is my oncologist and my old surgeon who still keeps a small tab on me.

Kris

Cancer is a word, not a sentence.

36 year old patient with buckets of hope

Lainy....yes...we have had some posters who reported that tumors either, disappeared or, shrunk or, the tumors  just "sat" there.  Similar, as in T's case there no explaination given as to why this is occuring.
I would only be speculating as to how radiologists work with their patients.  They are people and everyone has his/her own way of practicing medicine.  But, I do appreciate when physicians work together closely as it appears to be in your case.  This is a multiple team approach and I would assume that everyone wants to be on the same page before making statements to the patient. 
I have to talk to Teddie again regarding the Calamari.  We had discussed that my pan might not get hot enough (it is all about the heat) but, I forgot the other tips he had given me. 
I am happy to hear that you are slowing down a bit (well, quite a bit for you that is) and are scaling down on your work for the Holidays.  You need the brake.
Of course, my children including, their significant others will be home for Christmas.  In fact, I am in the process of baking my first batch of not so nutritious but oh, so delicious batch of cookies.  We have however, stopped extending invitiations to friends and neighbors for Christmas Eve. I am also slowing down a bit and am waiting for the kids to  take over a little more each year.  It worked great for Thanksgiving already.   They are duplicating my recipies (well, the one's that evolved over the years) and are doing a great job. 
oooops...I just burned my first batch.  Got to go. 
Hugs
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Marion you can call T anytime. He loves to talk about his calamari. Either phone number will work. Don't you work so hard and have a most enjoyable Christmas. You are right its time for the kids to take over. I told Robin that was my last Thanksgiving to make and she said, "I have been waiting for that"

Kris...Thanks to you and Marion I feel much better about his attitude. He is like yours. His credentials are fabulous so I will stick with him and try to stop worrying about attitudes. We shall accept the reprieve and enjoy! No, no cyber knife for now the tumors are way too small. That is why we are going to give it another 3 months. God willing they will shrink more.

ohhhh thats great news,i am happy for you to,
merry crismas and a happy newyear

moon

Lainy,

Great news indeed and I hope this continues for a long time. I am really happy for you and Teddy!

Best wishes to you both.

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Lainy  -terrific news                  Janet x

Lainy - so glad to read this - good news! Joyce

Yayyyy Teddy, yayyyy Lainy! There are so many things in the world we don't understand, and doctors need to admit that. I am convinced that there are forces in the universe that we don't even know about.

What a great Christmas present-- three delicious, doctor-free months!

Hugs to you both,

Kristin

Peace, hope, and healing to all!

Lainy
That's great news for you and Teddy and timing is fantastic, just before Xmas.

Gerry

That is awesome news!

Yay!!!! That's wonderful, wonderful news!!!  Love to you & Teddy for a wonderfully relaxing Christmas and New Year.

Julia xx

“When it is dark enough, you can see the stars." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Very very exciting! Wishing you both the best this holiday season! Enjoy!