Topic: Mike Leach drama at Texas Tech

Have any of you been following the craziness with all the college coaches this December?  First Magino resigns at Kansas, then Urban Meyer announces that he is resigning from Florida due to health concerns.  And now the drunk Vince Gill of college football has been fired from his post at Texas Tech.  I think out of all the turmoil, I'm most intrigued by the happenings at Texas Tech.  None of that story makes sense, and I get the feeling that there is so much more going on than is making it to the press. 

I think Tech is going to regret how they are handling things right now.  Mike Leach has done a lot for that program, and I can't imagine many coaches will be willing to head to west Texas to coach after seeing how little due process Texas Tech afforded their coach.  I also think that James kid is going to get the cold shoulder from his teammates.  I don't advocate playing kids when they are hurt, but my gut says that this particular player is not being completely honest about the situation.

30-something caregiver

Re: Mike Leach drama at Texas Tech

So, a couple years ago, I was up at the University of Utah with my little boy, he was 3-4 years old at the time. 

We were walking back to the parking lot and he was playing with his little matchbox car, driving it on walls, rocks, trees, etc.   All of a sudden this "entourage" comes jogging through, and my little boy, oblivious to it all, steps right in front of Urban Meyer while he was jogging. 

Urban placed his hand on my little boy's head and "whoa, excuse me, Red."  (my little boy has red hair.)  and kept jogging. 

I tried to convince my wife that we should never wash the spot that Urban touched, but she felt I was (and am) nuts.

Re: Mike Leach drama at Texas Tech

HA!  I think you are sane.  Urban Meyer is a fantastic coach.  I hope he destresses and takes it easy for a while.

A lot of the Texas Aggie faithful were clamoring for him to replace Franchione, but our AD went a different direction, and Meyer went to Florida.  We're still a 7-loss suck-butt school, and Florida has won two national titles.  Oh well.  Sucking sucks.

30-something caregiver