Topic: fireworks

I love the fireworks,I can identify with them a bit better than the xmas snowflakes             Janet

Re: fireworks

Janet....Having grown up in Germany I have to admit to missing the firecrackers and fireworks on New Year's Eve.  The bigger cities seem to have it but, generally, in the US it is the 4th of July celebration very much alike the New Years celebration in other countries.   You are also way ahead being in Australia.  Happy New Year.
Best wishes,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

New Zealand is first and then the east coast of Australia to see in the new year and fireworks are very big particularly in Sydney.I will be just watching them on the telly though                            Janet

Happy New Year to you Janet - it is 6:00 in the morning of New Years Eve day here here - I just got up & getting ready to go to work. Still dark - no fireworks here.

Joyce

Janet,
I love fireworks too. Sweden does it BIG on New Year. Sometimes i get so excited over them I start hysterically laughing and cant stop myself. I will giddily laugh over the fireworks the entire time. Afterwards my face hurts from it. Once a couple moved away from me because I was too much.

Kris

Cancer is a word, not a sentence.

36 year old patient with buckets of hope

Kris,my brother is in Sweden for xmas,I have an ex sister in law and nephew in Stockholm,they are sending lovely snowy photos back of the blended group of them                                        Janet

Janet,

Be glad you have no need to identify with snow flakes.  I'll take fireworks over snow any time! I was watching the Sydney fireworks on TV at 7AM our time on the morning news.  Probably at the same time as you were watching them.  smile   Happy New Year everyone.

Darla

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

Hi Janet,

I saw some of the fireworks over the Sydney bridge this morning on the news and they looked very good indeed. Scotland also does the fireworks big time to bring in the new year, especially in Edinburgh from the castle which is perched above the city centre and it does make for a very impressive spectacle. Hogmany is a big thing in Scotland with various celebrations. The one in Stonehaven, a small town on the east coast is very different. About 60 or so people walk down the street swinging fire balls around themselves to bring in the new year!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAWjGHYy … re=related

Best wishes and a happy new year to you.

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Gavin,

Thanks for posting that link.  It was fun to watch and interesting to see how others celebrate.  I now also know that in Scotland the holiday is Hogmany. The internet is wonderful, isn't it?  Bringing us all closer together. Hope you are doing OK.

Darla

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

Hi Darla,

I'm glad that you enjoyed the link. Yes the internet is indeed a wonderful thing. It does indeed as you say bring us all so much closer together. You in Wisconsin, me in Scotland and the rest of us from all around the planet. All of us making new friends and being able to be here for each other and help one another, no matter where we are in the world.

Yes I am okay, as is mum. Things have been hard as you would imagine, but we are just getting on with everything as that is what dad would have wanted us to do. Christmas and all of that has been most quiet indeed and to be honest, we just want that to be over and get into the new year.

And for you and everyone else who may want some fireworks this new year's but don't have them. Here's some from Edinburgh for you all.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7806767.stm

See you all in 2010.

Best wishes to you all.

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Thanks Gavin.  Great Fireworks Display! 

I am glad to hear you & Mum are doing OK.  Yes, it is hard, but I know that you are right in that all of our loved ones would want us to carry on.  I like you am relieved it is over for another year.  Take care Gavin.   My best to you and your Mum, too.  See you in 2010.

Darla

"One Day At A Time"