Topic: Still cancer-free

Today marks the one year anniversary of my liver resection.   This time last year, I was on the operating table. My latest CAT scan (yesterday) was clear and all of the numbers on my labs are normal.  I am thankful and lucky to be alive and well.   I will have to continue on several medications and return in April for my next CAT scan.   

Betsy

Re: Still cancer-free

Wow! Another Miracle Woman! I really think our good results have been at the fore front lately. Could CC be getting scared of our "Family". I sure hope so.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Hi Betsy,

More good news is always good to hear! And I hope it continues for you for a long time indeed!

Best wishes

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Betsy....there is no better news.  Congratulations.  Stay well.
Best wishes,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Congratulations!! My father had liver resection surgery yesterday, so it is awesome to hear success stories.  So happy for you!!

Way to go, Betsy!!

Wonderful news Betsy!

Kris

Cancer is a word, not a sentence.

36 year old patient with buckets of hope

Betsy, that's fabulous! We're all SO happy for you!

Kristin

Peace, hope, and healing to all!

Thanks everyone for your generous and kind support.  It means so much to me coming from people who have experienced this cancer first-hand.

Betsy

Wonderful, wonderful news!!  The year's looking good already!!

"Time may be a great healer, but it's a lousy beautician."

Congratulations!  That is great news!  Have you been on chemo this whole time?

- Suzanne

Hi Suzannegm,

No, I haven't received any chemo treatments.  The tumor was completely removed (with a 1" clear margin) and had not spread to lymph nodes or other organs.  My surgeon sent me for a consult with an oncologist regarding  prophylactic chemo but the oncologist advised against it.   So, I just hope and pray that my good health continues.  I will continue with monthly labs and frequent CAT scans.

Betsy

I also hope and pray your good health continues!

Where did you go that the oncologist recommended against chemo or radiation? (sorry if you said already).

Your news is great to hear!  Here's to continued good news.

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

I went to the Taussig Cancer Center at the Cleveland Clinic Hopsital.

Congratulations Betsy! Keep the positive outlook. I believe it is key to long term success. I have not posted on the board for a long time. My wife Dawn was diagnosed with a Klatskin

That is just fantastic about Dawn! YEAH!
Teddy's doctors all agreed no chemo but it was mostly due to the location/type he had. He had extrahepatic  (sp). They said radiation or cyber knife for recurrence and that is just what we are doing. Each circumstance is so different.

Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Hi Richard,

That is great news about Dawn, excellent stuff! I hope the good news continues for you both!

My best wishes to you and Dawn,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Awesome news, congratulations!

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

That's fabulous news about Dawn....I'm delighted for you both.....Gerry

Wonderful news! I love reading these success stories!

Hi Everyone,
January 4, 2012, I had my 3 year, cancer-free, anniversary.  I can't believe I'm still here smile

However, I am still being treated for bile duct issues.  The original leak has finally been resolved - I'm down to one catheter and one bag.  But now there is a collection in the caudate lobe that has to be dealt with.  Yet, I'm feeling pretty good, itching is under control and I'm able to take some dog walking/pet sitting jobs again. 

hugs and kisses,
Betsy

22 (edited by jathy1125 Tue, 03 Apr 2012 11:20:42)

Betsy-YEA!!! That is such good news, something we need on this site!! I will join the 3 year club May 24, 2012!!
Keep posting and giving HOPE!!
Lots of prayers-Cathy

Betsy, that is fabuloso news! You are a real CC survivor and Heroine! Happy you are back with the C world. That is a C for Canine NOT Cancer!

Great news, Betsy. You are such a miracle. I am so happy you are back working with your furry friends. I love animals so much, sometimes more than people! Ha ha. Hope we can get together again sometime. Take care.

Love, -Pam

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Happy 3 year anniversary Betsy!  I remember reading your 1 year post at a time where 1 year sounded so good.  You are quite a survivor!
Here's to 4, 5...10...20...30........

-Randi-