Topic: Gavin...I have moved our conversation

Gavin

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Re: Gavin...I have moved our conversation

Hi Marion,

Good to hear from you too. No worries at all for moving our conversation here. I guess that Rick is right in that we should be posting stuff in the right places, and I guess that this is what the cafe is for! And obviously in a cafe a cup of tea and a biscuit also go down well!

I also saw on the news last week that Germany has been hit pretty badly with all of this snow recently. And that is so true about the only good ice being that which is in the freezer! I also saw something else last week on the news here which was most bizzare but showed the reality of the ice here. A guy was outside his house on the road and skating around in the street wearing ice hockey skates!

Yes we are looking forward to the better weather and for mum being able to get out of her house. It has been quite some time since she has been able to get outside. I will be taking her to Arbroath at some point for a fish supper from the chippy in the harbour there as they are very good indeed! And there is nothing like sitting outside in a small fishing harbour eating a fish supper!

I hope you will have a good conference and I am looking forward to hearing your report. And I hope you will get some warm weather there as well!

Thanks as always to you for everything.

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

3 (edited by Darla Wed, 13 Jan 2010 13:21:46)

OK,

So you guys moved while I was in the middle of posting, so I will repost my comments here:

Hi Gavin,

I'm glad you are getting out from under the snow & ice over there and I hope your Mum gets a chance to get out soon.  We have had a lot of freezing cold & two major snows, but today it is almost 30 degrees and tomorrow is looking even better.  I am not fooling myself into thinking this is it tho' as I know we aren't out of the woods yet.  Yes, it is even cold in Florida.  They have had some freezing & snow.  Not good for the prices of fruit.   I don't think  any of this has affected Marion either.   The weather all over has been really strange this year and now that devastating earthquake in Haiti.  How sad. 

Everyone take care and my best wishes to all.

Darla

It does make sense to keep things in order and we do want to keep Rick happy!  smile

I hope it warms up when you get to Florida Marion.  Take some of the California sunshine with you! If they let you get it on the plane smile

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

Hi Darla,

Wisconsin in January sounds very cold indeed! Much Brrrrr! I remember watching some play off games in Green Bay at this time of the year and it looked very cold there indeed! I remember one game especially that I have seen from old films that stood out that looked very cold and I think it was called the Ice Bowl, which seemed very appropriate considering the temps! The coldest we have got down to in Scotland this winter so far was -22.3 in a small village up at the very north of the country. Where I live, the lowest we got to was about -15 which is cold enough for me!

Yes the footage I saw of ice and frost forming over the orange groves in Florida looked most strange indeed and this is as you say not good for the price of fresh fruit. I hope it doesn't push prices up too much for you all.

And yes, such sad news today of the earthquake in Haiti. And what I fear is that with this as seemed to happen with other such events around the world, is that the full extent of the impact may not be known for a few days or so.

I hope the improving weather continues for you Darla as you must be about as fed up as we are of all of this snow and stuff!

Best wishes to you and everyone.

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Ha, ha, Darla.   I am hoping to be let "on" the plane.  I have not flown since the last threat on Christmas Day and am expecting to go through a lengthy security line.  Oh, the joys of traveling!
Hugs to all,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Hi Lainy,

I thought I would reply to your post here, hope you don't mind. I didn't  want to upset Rick by posting in the wrong place. Mum and I are okay, just trying to get on with stuff I guess which is what dad would have wanted us to do. I am glad that the snow has started to clear as now mum can at least get outside with me. The cold air hits her real bad and causes her great trouble with her breathing and she is not able to walk at all on the ice, even with me holding her. We are going to be making apps with the banks and solicitors for next week to sort out the rest of dads financial affairs etc. This is something that we have not been able to do due to the cold weather etc as mum has to be there in the banks and she cant get there, and it is really starting to get her down and she just wants it all done. The minister who conducted dad's funeral came to visit mum last week and that was nice and mum really enjoyed that. He is a real nice guy and said he will pop back in again soon to see mum.

Yes the events in Haiti are very tragic indeed, so very sad and the pictures we see on the news are so sad. Such devastation and loss for everyone there and I just hope now that the rest of the world can get on with providing some aid, relief and help for the people there. I have never been there or indeed even to that part of the world, but it does as you say look like a pretty country. A very old friend of mine who I recently caught up with after many years told me that he went to Cuba a few years ago, and he told me that the poverty he saw there was like nothing he had ever seen before.

Yes visiting you all on your side of the pond does indeed sound good. Who knows, one of these days I may just jump on a plane and head out your way! The last and only time I have ever been on a plane was in 1996 when I came back from Ibiza on holiday, and I imagine as Marion talks of, that the security checks have changed a lot since then!!

Best wishes

Gavin

Anywhere you post me is fine with me and I probably should not have tagged in where I did. My bad!
You come over the pond anytime you want and you have a place to stay!
Good to hear your mom wants to attend to business, guess that's the way I am, I like things done yesterday.
Traveling is not not like it used to be...I have been in the business 30 years, only Heaven knows why!!! When I started we used ticket printers and in the morning when we arrived at work dozens of tickets lay on the floor spewed out from the night before. Then computers came in oh about 2 years later.  Notice I am not mentioning dates!! We thought how in the heck will we ever learn these computers and now......my only thoughts on flying are they are charging for more and doing less. In fact some airlines just raised their baggage fees! Good to talk to you....Hugs Me & T.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Hi Lainy,

Nooo, you're never bad, always good!!

Thanks for your very kind offer of somewhere to stay should I ever come over the pond. I may just take you up on that offer one day.  Having only been as far as the mediteranean before, coming over your way would be a big adventure for me. And meeting you and Teddy and maybe some of the rest of us from here would be a real joy.

Mum is just like you in that she wants things to be done yesterday so getting on with some stuff next week will I think be good for her. Goodbye snow hopefully for another year!

My best to you and Teddy.

Gavin