Topic: Happy Anniversary to Me!

Hello CC Family: Today marks my 4th year on this wonderful Cholangio Carcinoma Web Site. I could not have handled what I have had to do as Teddy's Caretaker without the help from so many caring, loving and brilliant people from all over the World. Never, have I seen so many helping each other even in their own time of need. It is truly inspirational. 
I know that this CC site is what has given me the strength to do what needs to be done as my Oncologist has recently confirmed this to me. So I thank you all as each of you has had a part in giving me strength. I look forward to spending more years here as I am truly addicted. I have seen other WEB Sites and they do not compare to this one so a huge thank you to our Board also.
And in the words of Teddy, when he can't think of the word he needs, he is grateful too for Angelo Carcinoma.  See, he made it  Italian and his own.
Love to all of you and and from our house to yours we wish you good healing and health.   Love Teddy & Lainy

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

2 (edited by Darla Wed, 13 Jan 2010 15:24:22)

Re: Happy Anniversary to Me!

Lainy,

Congratulations!  I totally agree with everything you said and I think you two deserve a thank you also, for being here and being you.  I too am so grateful for this "Angelo Carcinoma" site!  smile

Love To All,
Darla

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

Hi Lainy,

Congratulations on your 4 year anniversary! Like Darla, I agree with everything that you say about this place and I am also very grateful for what we have here and how we can all come together and help each other.

Please know that you have inspired many and given strength to us all, and I am proud to call you my friend.

Like you, I look forward to the many more years that we will share here with one another.

My very best wishes to you, Teddy and everyone else.

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Thanks, but please no compliments to me, I am just trying to show what I think of 4 years on this site. You have no idea what I get from all of you.
Honestly I don't know where the time went! Its true as you get older it goes faster. But please, please this is not about me....it's about all of you.

Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Happy Anniversary,Lainy                  Janet x

Lainy....your love for others, your caring and support to all comes through in each and everyone of your posts.  You are very special. I am so very thankful to have met you and our very own Angelo Carcinoma.
Hugs
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Lainy,
  You're a blessing, to us and ecspecially Teddy!!  I'd love to meet both of you! I think Tom and Teddy would get along great.
                                  Here's to 4 more healthy years!!!
                                                    Mary

Sounds good to me about meeting. I think the closest we get to your part of the world is Milwaukee in the summer. Hoping we can meet up with Darla if we go this summer. Who knows, we could maybe end up with a mini convention?
Very mini. Everybody falls in love with Teddy. He has this old Sicilian charm about him. Just ask Marion. She is his "other" girlfriend. smile:):)

Lainy,

That would be great.  I have a son & daugther-in-law in Milwaukee and one of my sisters & her husband are in Shorewood.  I am in Plymouth which is about 45 minutes north.  I have an antique shop here & am living above it.  I am sure we could figure out a time & place to meet either here or in Milwaukee (I love shopping at Bayshore Town Center smile), or possibly somewhere in between.  Mini conventions are a good thing, too!

Darla

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

Something to think about. My son is in Mequon on Freistadt RD. He and his girlfriend rent an actual farm where they take in retired Race Horses and nurse them back to health. The most famous one so far is a descendant of  Secretariat. When we come in we usually stay at a lake house of my employer's close friend.  It's the other side of Milwaukee past Hales Corners. So we spread out. But all something to think about. We try to come in over Festa Italiana which is usually our anniversary as well.  Let's keep this on the front burner. Maybe Barbara Giannetti from Chicago would come with her mom as well. Unfortunately I never make plans anymore until like a month ahead. I am sure you know what I mean....

Margaret & Tom Lepp are in Green Bay so they might have an interest, too.  I do know what you mean, but it is definately something to keep in mind.

"One Day At A Time"

Oh, yes, Definitely Tom & Margaret as she and I think we have twins in Tom & Teddy.

Hi all,

A mini convention sounds like a great idea and maybe one day I would get to meet some of you! And that sounds good to me. I hope you all manage to do this and have a great time meeting each other.

Best wishes

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

I think Festa Italiana is around the middle of July.  This is beginning to sound like a plan.  Hopefully the cold & snow will be gone by then! smile  I got my plowing bill for last month today.   $100, not too bad, was worse last year!

"One Day At A Time"

Lainy,
I know you don't want the individual praise, but you have been such a positive force on this board that you deserve it.  You always took the time to respond to my questions and concerns about Gary and now are there for me with grief advice.  Good luck to you and Teddy - I pray for everyone on this board daily.

Elaine

Live each day to the fullest

Mini Convention sounds awesome!  But lets wait for warmer weather, Tom would certainly get the 'shakes' if he had to travel very far in the cold!!!

Margaret

------------------------------------
Keep KICKIN that Cancer!

Margaret,

I think Lainy is possibly thinking the middle of summer.  It should be hot by then, so that should work, but they way the weather is changing all over the world, who knows!

Darla

"One Day At A Time"

Yes, we will definitely come in the summer if we come. Say, when Teddy gets  cold  he wears a knit cap. He looks hysterical in his P.J.'s with his knit hat.

Wow Lainy,   Here we go again, posting at the same time!  smile

"One Day At A Time"

Sorry I'm late in joining in, Lainy - HAPPY ANNIVERSARY from me, too!! Jx

"Time may be a great healer, but it's a lousy beautician."