1 (edited by Bazel Thu, 21 Jan 2010 23:03:26)

Topic: In memory of Darby (OT)

This is a bit OT, but I know that the CC family will take a moment to honor another angel.

My sister-in-law lost her sister, Darby, this evening.

Darby had been diagnosed with Inflammatory Breast Cancer (IBC) about 6 years ago. If you are not familiar with IBC, please Google it and learn about it and share this information with the imporatant women in your life.

Darby was stage IV at diagnosis but this past July she had a "clean" check up at what would have been the 5 1/2 year mark.

A week ago Tuesday (01/12) Darby was hospitalize having been ill (unable to eat, fatigue) since Christmas. Tests revealed spots on her liver, kidney, pancreas, and chest. As well she had developed significant ascites.  On Tuesday this week Dr's confirmed that there was no treatment they could offer and just yesterday Darby moved to an in patient hospice facility.

Her family is grateful she did not suffer, but reeling from the shock of learning Darby was sick, had a recurrence of IBC and had no treatment options to loosing her in little over a week.

In memory of Darby, rest in peace.

Bz

Re: In memory of Darby (OT)

Dear Bazel - God bless Darby & may she rest peacefully.

My thoughts are with you all at this very sad time.

Julia

“When it is dark enough, you can see the stars." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Dear Bazel, we are so sorry to hear of Darby's Passing. This always reminds us of how fragile life really is. Our thoughts and prayers go out to your extended family.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Bazel,

I too am sorry to hear this sad story about Darby.  My thoughts and prayers go out to all of you mourning your loss.

Darla

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

Bazel,

I am sorry to hear of Darby's passing. My thoughts are with you and your family just now.

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.