Topic: Hi not been around for a while

Hi to everyone,

Had a busy time since mid December and not been around and available to post. Have been checking on periodically and am sad to 'see' so many new faces, sad that patients and families have had to join but knowing deep down that this is such a supportive board and hopefully they will get the support and guidance they need.

I see we are nearly up to 1000 members, WOW!!!! What a testimony to word of mouth and the power of the internet to inform and empower people.

My Mum has been over in England for a month over the Christmas period and went back to Florida last week, can you believe she had a frozen pipe that burst whilst she was away!! Temps down to freezing at night, in Florida!!

In England we have had a lot of snow which paralysed the country for a few days, we are just not geared up to bad weather....

It is 7 months now since my beloved Dad died , where has the time gone....?

Anyway enough of my rambling....

Wishing a peaceful start to 2010 and thinking of evereyone connected in whatever way with CC.

Katie

Re: Hi not been around for a while

Hi Katie and good to see your smiling face! Yes, time has a way of fleeting but memories stay forever.
We have had a very cold winter all over the USA. I am in Phoenix and we just had 5 consecutive days of storms with no stopping. Today the sun is trying to appear. But then, we do need the rain here.
Stay warm........

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Hi Katie,

Good to see you and I wish you a peaceful start to 2010 also. Yep, snow and ice, we have had enough of that as well and could do with some of Lainy's Phoenix sun here! But I can't see that happening somehow! Now if only we could swap some of our rain for Lainy's sun then we would all be happier!

Best wishes

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Katie....so happy to hear from you and love your "rambling."  I am in Orlando until tomorrow and it is quite pleasant.  I agree, we just can't relate to frozen pipes in the warm state of Florida.
Also I wanted to mention that our membership has reached the 1000 mark several times however, Rick cleans out the inactive posters on a regular basis in order to leave enough space for us to continue with the discussions.  I suppose that even a discussion board can reach its limit, size wise.
Glad your safe and sound and that you have checked in,
Best wishes,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER