Topic: Good News!!

We just heard today that my Dad IS a candidate for surgery!! We had a consult last week, where everyone was saying he wasn't a candidate. But they did another scan Friday, and Dr Hemming at UCSD wants to do a resection. We go for the pre=op appointment tomorrow morning.

YES!! Finally some good news!

Re: Good News!!

Incredible, wonderful, exciting news.  Congratulations and thanks for sharing.
Best wishes,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

This is fantastic news!  I am almost 3 years out from my resection and doing great.  Good luck and let us know how everything goes!

Sue

Today is a new day. Congratulations, you are already a survivor!

Yippee! Good news and so quickly! It seems like just yesterday that you were looking for that "one" Doctor. Good wishes coming your way.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Outstanding!

and there you go.........

I'm a passenger on planet Earth and God is driving.

Hi Cinnamin,

More good news, excellent stuff indeed! I hope your dad's pre-op app goes well and I am keeping my fingers crossed for the two of you.

Loads of positive thoughts coming your way and my best wishes to you both.

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Cinnamin:

Good news I hope the re-section goes well for you dad.

Margaret

I am so happy for your family.

Kris

Cancer is a word, not a sentence.

36 year old patient with buckets of hope

That is great news!

That's brilliant news!!  Yay!!!

Jxx

"Time may be a great healer, but it's a lousy beautician."

Best wishes for you and your family.  I hope the resection is successful and the recovery swift.

Cinnamon,
I am so happy for you!  We just saw Dr. Hemming today and he is a great doctor.  Unfortunately at this point my dad isnt a candidate but he said he will be working closely with the oncologists to try and shrink it to the point where he may be able to resect the tumor.   But I am so happy for you dad!  Good luck to you and your family.  You must live in San Diego, if you'd like to exchange info. via email, I live in San Diego also!

Nadine

Oh, Cinnamon & Nadine I do hope you can meet. To meet someone from the family of CC is a feeling one never forgets. It shows you are really not alone, puts a face to the posts, and just warm and fuzzy. Only good feelings can come of it.

Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Thank you to everyone for all of the good wishes! We had a bit of a scare.....my Dad was hospitalized for a week with a pretty nasty infection and his stints stopped working. I've never seem anyone with the "chills" like my Dad had. At one point his room was full of medical people just trying to get control of him. It seemed more like a seizure than chills, with his blood pressure and temp skyrocketing and oxygen levels dropping off. Frightening stuff. He now has an external bile bag, which seems to be working well. Surgery is back on track for this Wednesday.
Thank you again for the invaluable help and support!

Nadine, please feel free to contact me!

Oh I had those "chills" once in the hospital too! They started in the hallway when I was being admitted. Boy was it hard to walk and everyone surrounded me too! Very dramatic.

I hope the surgery gets things in the right direction and I hope they remove that external drain at the time. Those things are pains in the patootie.

Sending postive thoughts for a successful surgery and quick recovery.

Kris

Cancer is a word, not a sentence.

36 year old patient with buckets of hope

This is great news!  (And an affirmation that prayers do indeed work!)  I am so thrilled for you and your Daddy!

I will hold you all close in my thoughts and prayers!

Hugs and much love!

Pam

My Mom lost her one year battle with CC on April 3, 2009.

"A prognosis is simply an audit of how truly precious each day is.  Live each day to the maximum, celebrate what was, and what is - Don't spend your life looking forward to what will or might be." .... words of wisdom from my beloved son on hearing of his grandmother's CC prognosis.

Hi Cinnamin. We will have everything crossed for Wednesday. Tell your dad that people from all around the world are cheering him on!

Cinamin....I am echoing everyone.  All my good wishes are coming your way for a successful surgery followed by a speedy recovery. 
Best,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Hi Cinnamin,

I hope the bile bag does it's job and I am keeping my fingers crossed for your dad for Wednesday. Loads of positive thoughts coming your way from me.

My best wishes to you and your dad,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

My Dad had his surgery yesterday. I do believe they took the right lobe and both bile ducts. He withstood the surgery very well, and they THINK they got it all with clean margins. Not a lot of detail right now, because my Mom talked to the surgeon on the phone. What she heard was "Blah blah blah he is alive blah blah blah think we got it all blah blah blah..." smile I talked with my Dad a little in ICU last night. He looks and sounds fantastic for a 78 year old man who just had half his liver ripped out! I'm sure I will find more detail today. Will post when I know more!
A great big THANK YOU to all of you for the support and information. Both have been invaluable.
Now......onto the road for recovery smile smile

Hi Cinnamin,

Great news and thanks for letting us all know! Now onto the recovery road indeed and I wish your dad every success with this!

My best wishes to you and your dad,

Gavin

Cinnain....fantastic news.  And, it appears that your Dad is well on the road of recovery. You may already know this but, a pillow pressed against his chest will help your Dad when caughing.  It appears to  be a trick acknowledged by those recuperating from this type of surgery.
On to a great recovery.
Best wishes,
Marion