Topic: Chicken with 4 legs?

If I had to do it over again:  I would teach my children to like breast meat only.  With only two legs per chicken our dinner table becomes a bargaining place.  Tonight we rolled the dice and I lost.  I was gleaming at my sons (my daughter and daughter in law were not present) as they enjoyed the benefits of the highest numbers rolled.  Do things like that only happen in my family?

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Re: Chicken with 4 legs?

Wish I had been there, I only like the white meat! And Teddy is no problem he will eat anything! Oops that is the problem!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Hi Marion,

A chicken with 4 legs sure does sound like a good chicken to me, although it would be most strange indeed! Like Teddy, I would eat anything so none of our chicken goes to waste, but mum is like Lainy and only eats the white meat. This is not a problem though, as it means I get loads of leftovers for chicken sarnies!

When I used to cook steak for dad, he used to always stand there and say that the onions weren't burnt enough for him. He liked his onions burnt to a crisp with his steaks! And when I was younger and mum did the cooking and was cooking steak for us all, dad and I used to argue every time about who had the most onions!!!! Thinking back about it, we should have just bought more onions, but even then, I'm sure we would still have argued about who had the most!

Best wishes

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Gavin, I love burnt onions and popcorn. I must be lacking something, oh yes, good sense!
This last week we moved my 93 yr old mom to a private care facility as the "big" Assisted care was killing her. She lost 11 lbs in 2 months, was not eating, was wearing pampers. Everything has changed in 3 days! She is eating, getting a little stronger, no more pampers. And the Assisted was one of the best in Arizona. Go figure. We found the new place Sunday and moved her Monday! Of course we didn't have all that much to move anymore and my daughter helped a lot.
So that along with our good reports, and the next ureter stent exchange scheduled for Feb. 26th we are getting back to normal.   
How are you doing? Still cold and snowy? How is mum feeling? Take care, we think about you lots.

Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Hi Lainy,

Now that is a new one on me, burnt onions and popcorn! However it does sound like something that my dad would have liked! He had some very stange combinations of food that he liked and his favourite sandwich was cheddar cheese and strwaberry jam! Which is actually quite good, sweet and savoury at the same time. He also had another one that was most strange and that I did not try, Kippers and raspberry jam. A kipper is a smoked oily fish that we have here in the UK and having it with raspberry jam just sounds wrong! I love kippers, but not that way!

I am so glad to hear that your mum has moved to a new place and is doing so much better now! Yes losing 11lb in 2 months is a lot and I hope she will be much better and happier now in her new place and that her strength continues to improve. This must be a big weight of off your shoulders and as usual, you act fast! Find the place on Sunday then move the next day, nice one!

I am okay, got a meeting with the solicitor on Monday to sort out some more of dads estate etc. Now it is all in his hands and he can do the rest and this will be better for mum as she doesn't have to go and see in person banks or solicitors etc and I can now do all the rest on her behalf. It was really taking it out of her having to go out to all these meetings and even though I took her to every one, it was still hard for mum with her COPD, But the good thing is that getting mum out of the house for a bit has made her want to go out some more, so next week I am taking her for an Indian which she loves!

Mum is okay. It's not been easy as you would expect but she is just getting on with things. Her sister and nieces have been round to see her quite a lot and she enjoys that. Mum and I will be going away for a holiday when the weather gets better in the summer. We are going up north I think to Nairn for a caravan holiday as she likes that and the break will do us good.

I told mum about yours and Teddy's good news from yesterday and she was delighted for you both and asked me to pass on her best wishes to the two of you. Yes it is cold, but not as bad as it has been and it snowed last night again. But thankfully, it had all melted away by this morning!

You take care as well and I also think of you and Teddy lots. And as always, my very best wishes to you both.

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Oh My Gavin, sorry but I meant I like burnt popcorn (slightly) and also burnt onions (slightly). Say I have a recipe you might like.

A couple potatoes sliced thin.
1 onion sliced thin
Layer on a good piece of foil. Salt, pepper and Paprika then add some pats of butter.  Make one packet for each person. Fold up foil over everything and put on outside grill about 40 minutes. Or bake in the oven at 350o an hour. Serve in the foil packet.Yummmmmmmmmm  (Individual packets)

Say hello to mum and I  am so proud of her for the progress she is making. But, what is an "Indian" in your "language"????

We are going to a Saigon restaurant tonight. I think I like Chinese better but will be a sport.

Did you see Avatar?  Fantabulous!  Give hugs to mum.   Lainy

Hi Lainy,

Your slightly burnt onions and popcorn combination does sound most tasty to me. Onlions I love, even raw! And popcorn is always good also, so it does sound like something I would enjoy! And your recipe for potatoes and onion also sounds good. I assume that when the butter melts in the foil, it creates a sauce with the paprika, which I love the taste off! paprika type sausages are most tasty indeed!

I will say hi to mum for you. I talk with her often about you and everyone else here and she is always asking about you all. I should have been more specific with regards to an Indian! An Indian is an Indian curry, which are most delicious indeed. There are very hot ones, and there are mild ones and Indian food is very very popular here in the UK. I don't know how popular Indian food is in the US, but here it is much loved by many, me included! And when we say "going for an Indian" we mean going out for an Indian curry! Or getting an Indian meaning getting an Indian take away! Here, Indian restaurants and take aways are know as "curry houses" and our local Indian take away is even called the "Tandoori Curry House".

I hope you both enjoy your Saigon meal tonight. I went to a Vietnamese restaurant once in London and it was very good, although the seaweed was not great. I haven't seen Avatar, but have read some great reviews about it. Enjoy your evening!

My best to you and Teddy,

Gavin

Marion at least you are fair and don't pull the parent card...we bargain too! Like tv shows and bedtimes and we take bribes...chocolate, pop, coffee! yikes}

Lu....Good thought  Now I will just have to figure out what it is I would like to bargain for.
Best,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER