Topic: Dad comes to visit~

We've talked from time to time about our loved ones who have passed that have returned to visit us in some way or another.  I had an interesting encounter, so to speak, yesterday.  (Lainy, you might get a kick out of this).  I mentioned a month or so ago that we discovered my mom is in end-stage lung cancer.  I moved in with her to care for her in her home, and we have Hospice now for her. 

After our initial visit with the hospice coordinator yesterday, mom (in her power chair) and I walked the woman to our front door.  Mom stayed in the living room, while I returned to read the paperwork in the dining room.  I looked at mom from time to time to see if she needed help, but she looked peaceful.  She returned to the dining room and sat with me.  After about an hour, mom asked me where my dad went.  Taken aback, not wanting to frighten her, I casually mentioned dad wasn't here right now,  was there something I could do for her?  She said no, and that she was just talking to him.  I asked her where they talked at, and she said he was just right there, in the living room. 

I told her that I didn't see dad, I must've missed him,  and if she sees him before I do, to tell him to watch tv for awhile, that she and I have some stuff to do yet. 

My dad died 18 months ago from CC. 

Wowie, is all I've got to say!!
Jolene

"Faith in something greater than ourselves enables us to do what we have said we'll do, to press forward when we are tired or hurt or afraid, to keep going when the challenge seems overwhelming and the course is entirely uncertain."     ~g. b. hinckley

Re: Dad comes to visit~

Jolene,

I agree, "WOWIE!"  What an awesome experience.  Thanks for sharing it with us.  I do believe our loved ones are never far from us and let us know in different ways that they are near and you have reconfirmed this for me with your wonderful story.  I love the message you asked her to give him.  I am sure he is watching TV & patiently waiting.  smile 

Darla

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

Jolene, I don't don't like to say it but....I told you!.  My mom has become dementia and she always asks me if I remember dad. She said he used to sleep on the other side of her bed. She feels him around her but she also feels her "boyfriend" who passed in April around her also. She always did like men around her so now is no different. I have very much felt my dad here for the last 6 months and he is gone 5 1/2 years. He was 93 and mom is 93 1/2. Just go with it. Next time ask her what he said. They love to talk about it. Take care, I know this is another hard time for you!!!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Every time I get extremely uncontrollaby sad and just wish my sister was here...I always feel a warm sensation and I swear I can feel my body squeezing like I am getting a hug.  I know she is there hugging me making me feel better.  And it always does.  I would never have believed that before this cancer took her away.

Keep believing and she will be there, always. It takes some time but there will be a time you will notice other things. I had posted a few months ago how my dad helped me out last summer! It was such a wonderful feeling.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Lainy,

You are so right.  It may not always be what you expect it to be, but if you are open to it, the signs are there.  I have had several times when I have felt Jim presence and yes, it is a wonderful feeling.

Darla

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.