Topic: Moderators - donation question please help asap

Hi,

I understand that people are able to make a donation "in honor of" someone.  However, is it possible that the family can get a list of the contributors in order to send thank yous?  Does the family need to register in some way?  Please help with this ASAP.

Thank you

Re: Moderators - donation question please help asap

raintree...Stacie acknowledges each and every donation by sending a thank you note to the sender.  Did you also want to send out a personal note? 
Best,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Hi Marion,

Yes our family would like to send personal notes as well.  Is there a way that we can arrange for this?

Thanks,

Ranee

Ranee.....I will make sure for Stacie to see this.  She will get in touch with you most likely, by next week.
I also would like to thank you.  All contributions made to the CC Foundation solely, is directed to further research and awareness of this disease.  As Stacie has mentioned, this foundation is a labor of love therefore, salaries are not paid and all positions are held by volunteers.  Thank you again, dear Ranee. 

Best wishes,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Hi Ranee,

Thank you for your questions about donations.  We receive many donations through PayPal, there is an "in honor of" section where we can keep track of donations for a specific person.  We also receive a lot of donations through the mail, these will usually come with a note that assists us to know who the donation is in honor of. 

However we receive donations almost daily that have no designation.  We don't know who these donations are for and there is usually not a way for us to track down this information.

Many families will send a request for us to send them a list of donations for their loved one and an address where they information can be sent.  Unless we have a physical address for the family (or e-mail address) we don't have any way to contact the family and let them know of the donations.  I hope this answers your questions.

Stacie

Thanks Stacie.  Yes this answers my question and I have emailed you privately with my mother's email address to send a list of any donations made in my father's honor.  My mother would like to personally acknowledge any donations and it also brings some comfort to the family to know that people cared enough to donate in his honor.  Please contact me if you need any more information.

Thanks,

Ranee