Topic: "LALUPES"

Julia where art thou? Has anyone heard from Julia? Have not seen her since about mid January, just poking her to see how everything is going.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Re: "LALUPES"

Lainy,  I was wondering the same.  She was always very active here from the day she joined and now it has been a while.  I hope things are going OK for her.  Hopefully she will see this and join in or maybe someone else has heard from her or knows something.

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

Lainy,

I was thinking the same and am hoping she and her sister are okay. I think from my memory and Julia's last post, that Julia's sister was going through her 3rd or 4th round of chemo back in January, and that Julia posted that her sister had went to her day care centre for the first time back in January. I hope they are both okay.

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

4 (edited by Cherbourg Thu, 25 Feb 2010 20:35:29)

Her blog's last entry is around the middle of January....

hoping everything is going ok!

hugs,
pam

My Mom lost her one year battle with CC on April 3, 2009.

"A prognosis is simply an audit of how truly precious each day is.  Live each day to the maximum, celebrate what was, and what is - Don't spend your life looking forward to what will or might be." .... words of wisdom from my beloved son on hearing of his grandmother's CC prognosis.

I did make contact with Julia and it seems that everything has just been a bit overwhelming for her right now.  She is doing OK and does plan to be back soon.

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

Thank-you, Darla, good work! We will wait then to hear from her and we hope things settle down for Julia.

Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Lainy,

I have been thinking exactly the same, Julia was such a 'busy' poster offering support and advice.

Hoping she will be back soon all refreshed...

Katie

Thank you Darla. I hope that Julia will be back soon and I look forward to reading more of her posts.

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Julia (Lalupes) : Sounds like (from a post yesterday) Pauline met up with Julia yesterday for a chat and wrote same to Janet (Magic) so appears Julia is OK.

Great. That makes me feel better.
Kris

Cancer is a word, not a sentence.

36 year old patient with buckets of hope

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for all the waves of support & the kind emails I've received from you.  I don't really know what happened except that I suddenly felt completely overwhelmed & the longer I left it, the further down the spiral I slid.

Susan had a good meeting with the Onc, about her mid-chemo scan, just under a month ago & he told her the CA99 had come down significantly & that, although there was no evidence of shrinkage, there was clear evidence that it hasn't spread & that he was pleased with her tolerance of the Gem/Cis regime.  His parting words were "everything's fine & don't worry too much about the risk of infection".  The next day, she complained of the cold & within about 20 minutes her temperature had shot up to 104F & she was semi-conscious & delirious.  I couldn't get hold of the Chemo Unit, so I called 999 & she was whisked off to the local A&E with sirens wailing & blue lights flashing.

After a week in isolation in a side-room on an antibiotic drip, they concluded it was the "Winter Vomiting" norovirus, not the cancer, which had caused the problem, although I imagine being weakened by the disease & the treatment will have aggravated her reaction to the virus.  It was very frightening to watch, although the doctors kept trying to reassure me she would be all right.

She's out now & seems to be just about through a post-viral reaction.  I had no time to do anything whilst she was so ill & once she got out, I think I went into my own post-viral depression.  (Mum's 86 & was also having a hard time coping, although she insisted on travelling to the hospital every day, so I was trying to keep an eye on her, too.)

To Marion, Darla & Gavin who wrote to me & to all of you who asked after me & thought of us & sent your supportive vibes & best wishes to us ... THANK YOU.  I feel so supported & so very lucky to have found you all.

I'm so sorry to have missed February - but I'm glad to see there's a CCF page on Facebook now, so I imagine CC Awareness Month is now alive & kicking.  Yay!!  I'll do my best to catch up & get participating again.  I did meet Pauline on Saturday & that was wonderful.  I'm so glad to be pulling out of whatever fearful place I'd got myself stuck in.

Love Julia x

“When it is dark enough, you can see the stars." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Welcome Back Julia!

It sounds like you, Susan and your Mum have been through a lot, but I am glad you have returned to the fold!  smile

You and Pauline are so fortunate to have been able to meet.  Pauline's husband Anthony passed away about a month before Jim did and she still had the strength to reach out to me and help me with my grief.  She is a wonderful lady and I am hoping to be able to meet her some day too.  Marion was also able to meet her when she was over there for a conference.  I did have her give Pauline a big hug from me.

So, I'm glad you are back & look forward to reading your posts.  I will check out the blog, too.

Love & Hugs,
Darla

"One Day At A Time"

Hi Julia,

Great to hear from you again! All 3 of you have had a lot to deal with lately and I am very glad to hear that you are pulling out of that place you talk of.  Here's hoping that Susan's chemo is succesful and that we get good news from you.

Best wishes to you, Susan and your mum,

Gavin

I can only echo what has been said before.  It is so nice to have you back amongst us, Julia.

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Gosh, it's good to be back!!  I feel SO much better since the sun started shining & my crocuses came out.

I've found this winter such a HARD one, both physically & emotionally.

I hope the sun is shining on all of you, too.

“When it is dark enough, you can see the stars." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Well, its good to see your smiling face again!

julia,
stop showing off. my crocuses are still under 3 feet of snow. glad you are back.

kris

Cancer is a word, not a sentence.

36 year old patient with buckets of hope

Crocuses??? It's still baltic here!!!!!

They must be making their way up north - here in Leeds they are just beginning to try their hardest to appear!  Won't be long before they make it up to you guys.

Lets hope they bring some brightness for us all.
x

Hi Kate,

Here's hoping!! I keep telling myself that this winter surely can't go on for much longer. But still we keep getting the snow and the temps in the minuses.  Spring must surely be here soon!!!

Yep, lets hope for more brightness for us all soon!!

Gavin