Topic: Teddy & Lainy Double Date

We had our double date today with the Oncologist. I treated! Next time it's Teddy's turn!

Teddy's Update:  All LABS were perfect except for the CA Marker. In January it was 375 and is now 658. The ONC feels we can do nothing but wait until his PET Scan March 17th to see what is going on if anything. Our result day is the 23rd with the Radman. He also said T looks too good and everything else is too good to believe otherwise. From his mouth to G-d's ears!

Lainy Update: My PET Scan in January showed some inflammation in some nodes right where the surgery ends. He is not too concerned about it as all nodes tested were clean. But I will have another PET Scan in June to make sure. He also told me that a PET is the best way to diagnose GIST Cancer. So looks like I will become a PET Fan.
While he is an aggressive ONC he does not get too concerned until there is a reason to. He has been real good for us so we just have to be patient and trust him. In the meantime since T's PET is St. Patrick's Day I asked them if they could make his drink green this time.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Re: Teddy & Lainy Double Date

Lainy,
What a double date. When it is Teddys turn, make sure he picks you up at the front door and opens the car door for you.

I hate the wait and see. Sometimes that is more stressful, but I am sure that the next time there will be nothing to see.

Kris

Cancer is a word, not a sentence.

36 year old patient with buckets of hope

What a wonderful couple you are!! I'll be thinking of you on your next date.  big_smile xx

“When it is dark enough, you can see the stars." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hi Lainy,

Thanks for the update on you and Teddy's double date. Here's hoping that Teddy's PET scan on the 17th March and yours in June show you both good results! My fingers are crossed as always for you both.

Best wishes to you and Teddy,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Teddy and Lainy:  We're rooting for both of you!

Margaret and Tom

Sounds good so far.  Hoping the PET's go well too.

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

Thinking of both you and Teddy, here's to god PET scan results for both of you

Katie

Lainy
Good luck with the scan on Saint Paddy's day...hopefully yourself and Teddy will be celebrating good results with a Guinness.

Gerry

lainy and teddy,
     hoping the of the luck IRISH shine on both of you with good results...lucille and ron

Great news Lainy! I think of you both often and as always .... continue to wish you guys the best!

Many hugs coming your way!

Tess

Great news Lainy, but what's going on with our two T's? Do they have any suggestions about why his markers are going up? My Tom's have skyrocketed but he had severe cholangitis just  2 weeks ago, now they are  sure the cancer is back! I wish they wouldn't even do the markers- maybe just once a year. Anyway, best of luck to you and Teddy. I won't let Tom have any green beer but I may have one. Ha.  Take care, Mary

Hi Mary. Teddy's Bilirubin is better than mine! But that darn marker keeps climbing. We know for sure he has 2 small tumors, one near the right kidney and the other is outside the liver. When he had his PET in December the Radman said they were shrinking! We don't know why for that either except they feel its something in T hormones! We are so puzzled as well because last Friday the ONC said he looks too good to be having any problems and everything is great except for that one marker. We decided not to worry about it until his PET. Results on March 23rd so you know I will be posting those results. So what makes them think Tom has the CC back? Did they see anything? Are they just going by the marker?

Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Hi Lainy,
These docs are stressing me out. They're convinced the cc is back because of the marker and I think are questioning whether he should even worry about the prostate cancer because the cc's going to kill him first. If he doesn't get the prostate cancer taken care of now then he won't ever be able to have a liver transplant. That may be pie in the sky anyway but he's going to play the odds and get the prostate seeding done the first of April and worry about the cc later. They don't see anything. He had an MRI in Nov, thorough Cat Scans in Jan, a pelvic MRI in Jan ( for the prostate) and another MRI in Feb. I think I'll suggest a PET next. If that comes back clear maybe they would relax. They want him to start chemo but they say he has pre-cirrhosis so what would happen to his liver then? I guess we've been too lucky for too long. I look forward to Teddy's results. Hopefully the tumors will continue to shrink!   Take care, Mary

Mary, this is too wild because Teddy's Radman and ONC know he has 2 small tumors, with the CA rising,  but are not that worried! And honestly we have the best here. I forgot where Tom's CC started. Teddy's was in the bile duct valve. Perhaps because they are different kinds of CC the Docs treat it differently? Well we can't do a thing until these next results. Will keep you posted. Oh, T gets very tired lately and I blame it that he is not doing much and was always so active. He is fine to go golf or go visit friends who are still working. But then maybe I am blind and its from the CC. Who knows? Only the Shadow knows! Maybe you are too young for that one but I am not!:):)

Lainy,
   I think we just have too many Drs. involved. The goal was to first get rid of the prostate cancer so in three years , if it is still possible he could have a liver transplant. I already agreed to share half my liver. Now they are so convinced that the cc is back that maybe he should just have hormone therapy, but that doesn't offer any "cure". He might as well not bother because the cc will get him before the prosate cancer. Anyway, we are kind of taking things into our own hands here locally and he is going to get the seeding done by his original urologist. They can sort things out at OSU in the mean time re: the cc. He says at least he knows he won't die from prostate cancer! Tom's been tired too so he's going to his primary doc tomorrow and getting a blood count done. They didn't do that on Monday even though his platelets were really low when he was sick.  I think it may be mental too. Who knows? I don't blame him.  Take care, Mary