Topic: And Miracle Man does it again!

Teddy (aka) MIRACLE MAN  had his stent exchange today for his right ureter that had closed due to the cancer and scar tissue, and the last Titanium stent was so clean and successful he does not have to have another one for a year!!! We went from every 3 months to 9 to a year now.

Next update about the 23rd of March after his PET Scan. Stay tuned...same station, same story but better updates all the time! The first word in CANcer is CAN!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Re: And Miracle Man does it again!

Hi Lainy,

Yeah, great news indeed! I'm well chuffed for you and Teddy! Once a year is so much better than every 3 months! Yes I am definitely staying tuned and looking forward to more good news on this station for the 23rd!!

My best to you and Teddy,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Hey Lainy...great news indeed.  It does my heart good to hear this, I trust you are doing well, also??

I wanted to share that my mom passed away this morning, 18 months after my dad died.  Her illness was swift, her death was peaceful; I was with her and I held her as we prayed her into her new life.  And as misfortune would have it, my mother in law died this past tuesday.  I've lost both of my moms in one week. 

Wishing you and Teddy smooth sailing for March 23rd,
Jolene

"Faith in something greater than ourselves enables us to do what we have said we'll do, to press forward when we are tired or hurt or afraid, to keep going when the challenge seems overwhelming and the course is entirely uncertain."     ~g. b. hinckley

DADDYSGIRL,

you must be a very strong lady, you are carrying alot of weight on your shoulders and have gone through a very hard time...you have had your share of troubles, all we can say is that we are sending you and your loved ones our heartfelt sympathy and prayers......lucille and ron

5 (edited by duke0929 Mon, 01 Mar 2010 02:06:08)

lainy,
   glad to hear that teddy is so doing well....continued success.....lucille and ron

Dear Jolene, We are so very sorry about your 2 Mom's. That is a lot in a very short time to endure. Our prayers and thoughts go out to you. Sounds like you were close to your mother-in-law, like I was close to mine. Mine had Leukemia and  I nursed her the first 10 years of my marriage to Brand X, but I adored her. I know what a big loss this is for you but I guess if there is a bright side your Mom & Dad are together again. And they are all peaceful and will be together now for eternity. Take care and please keep on visiting us.

Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Lainy,
That's great news about Teddy. The fewer times they replace stents the better!

Jolene,
So sorry for ALL of your losses. What a lot to deal with all at once! Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.   Mary

Lainy,

That is good news and I'm sure the PET will bring more.

Jolene,

I too am sorry for your losses.  You have had a lot to deal with.

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Love & Hugs,
Darla

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

Dear Jolene,

I am so very sorry to hear of the passing of your mum and also your mother in law. Please accept my condolences and know that you are in my thoughts right now.

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Fantastic news Lainy. Teddy is one miracle man.

Jolene,
Condolences. You have been through the ringer recently. Hang in there and let us know if we can do anything. We are here for you.
\
Kris

Cancer is a word, not a sentence.

36 year old patient with buckets of hope

Lainy
That's great news about the titaneum stent - they are a bit like car tyres - the less replacements the better.  Good luck with the PET scan.

Jolene
My thoughts are with you and your family during this difficult time.  Good luck and look after yourself.  Stay in touch.

Gerry

Dear CC family,

thank you so much for all of your thoughts and well wishes.  I still cannot believe this has all happened, and so quickly.  During these last couple of days, I've kept you in my thoughts and prayers, using your examples to try to make sense of everything. 

Darla~I can't believe my mom is gone so quickly after diagnosis.  It literally pains my heart to realize she's not with me physically.  I can only imagine your pain and shock at the loss of your beloved husband so soon after his diagnosis.  I do admire your strength.

Gavin~I read in another thread that your mum's birthday is March 22.  It is my mom's birthday, also.  Please, dear cyber-friend, when you hug your mum that day, give her a second one...it will be the hug I wish I could give my mom on her birthday? 

Lucille, Ron, Mary, and Gerry~thank you so much for your good wishes.   It is good to hear such comforting thoughts when a heart is aching so much.

Kris~Thank you for your thoughts and wishes, too.  I haven't read any other entries yet since logging on this site right now.  But I remember that you have an important date with some surgeons coming up.  I will read everything that I have missed since I've been away so I can catch up.  I am wishing, hoping, praying for a good outcome.  You truly deserve it!  I am a huge admirer of yours.  **I was given a bouquet of multi-colored
tulips after my mom died.  I thought of you and your garden when I received them.**

My husband and I will be leaving for Montana as soon as my father-in-law chooses a date for my mom-in-law's memorial service.  He's waiting for my sis-in-law to return to the US so we can all be together. 

Hospice has been wonderful, even now.  Oh my gosh...this organization is great!  I've heard many good things about them, but wow!  I am so thankful we had their assistance for mom.  I'm actually going to take them up on their offer for bereavement group, especially having lost both moms in 3 days.  It is the strength of this panel that helps me move on.  Your examples of faith and fortitude keep me afloat!

I love you all!
Jolene

"Faith in something greater than ourselves enables us to do what we have said we'll do, to press forward when we are tired or hurt or afraid, to keep going when the challenge seems overwhelming and the course is entirely uncertain."     ~g. b. hinckley

13 (edited by daddysgirl Tue, 16 Mar 2010 18:57:29)

(continued from above entry)

Lainy~

I can't believe my message to you came back.  Wish I wasn't so techno-challenged.  I think of you so often,  and thank you for all your kind words and support not only now, but even when I lost my dad to CC these many months ago. 
I have the poem that you shared "grieve not for me my darling" last year.  For Christmas I typed the poem on cloud stationary and placed it on one side of a two sided frame.  I took a small copy of my parents' wedding picture, put it in a smaller angel frame, placed it over a cloud background on the other side of the two sided frame and gave it to my mom for her gift.  She kept it on her night table by her bed.  I have it now, and will think of my parents together...and I will always remember you when I look at it.  You are such a gift to us all, in times of joy and times of sorrow. 

I wish you peace, joy, and strength...dearest Lainy.

With love,
Jolene

Jolene:

So sorry to hear of your mom's and mother in laws passing.  You will keep them forever in your heart.

Go with God.

Margaret

Jolene, dear, you have brought tears to my eyes. What nice things to say! My e-mail is lainy@wbhsi.net. Always glad to hear from you. Here is another one that could be from your Dad or Mom:

You will grieve my loss, but I have not gone. My body is beyond your reach, but my soul is touching yours. I am the one who enters your dreams. Caresses your face Hugs you. Misses you. I have not left, my spirit is with yours. I am all around you when you call. I am the gentle breeze when there is no wind. I am in the photo on the wall when you blink in disbelief. I am the song that enters your head for no reason, yet it reminds you. Don't grieve that I am gone. I am with you, beside you, in you. I will be forever.

You are such a wonderful daughter and I can tell you are a very kind and good person. I would love nothing more than if you stayed in touch with me.

Hi Jolene,

It is great to hear from you. You have had so much to deal with lately and I hope that you are managing to take care of yourself. You know that we are all here for you all the time. What a nice thing to do in putting Lainy's poem in the picture of your parents wedding photo for your mum. I am sure that it will have reminded your mum of all the good years they had together and I know that it will also bring back many fond memories of your mum and dad when you look at their photo.

Thank you for remembering that my mums birthday is on the 22nd March, you have a very good memory! I will indeed give her a 2nd hug. And I so agree with you about what you say regarding hospice care, they do amazing work and they took the best care possible of my dad, and for that I will always be so grateful.

My best wishes to you and your family,

Gavin