Topic: Chemo/grandchild

Just wanted to post that my dad will be starting his third cycle of chemo for the BILCAP trial today.

The doctor told him that the side effects of Xeloda should (or could) stay fairly stable from now on - the only ones which could be cumulative are fatigue and the skin problems.  My dad has only had to stay in bed for one morning so far (so not debilitating fatigue) and continues to use the Udder Balm.

Last saturday I had my baby - a boy who we have decided is going to be a future Gastro-intestinal Surgeon/Oncologist!  If only he can be as good as Mr Menon!  Obviously this has really helped everyone in the family and especially my parents.

Wishing you all the best and hoping for good news for others,
Kate

Re: Chemo/grandchild

CONGRATULATIONS on EVERYTHING. Good news about the baby and good news about the new Grandpa!!!  There is nothing like a baby...and a boy at that...bet Grandpa is busting with pride. Enjoy it all!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Hi Kate,

I hope it all goes well for your dad today with his starting of the 3rd round of his chemo cycle. Fingers crossed for some good results with it and hopefully the side effects won't be too tough for him.

And congratulations on the birth of your son!! I am sure that he has brought you all much joy at this time.

My best wishes to you all,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Hi Kate,

Congratulations on the birth of your baby boy!! Do hope your Dad''s chemo goes well today.

Katie