Topic: recent lab tumor markers

My Jim had an appt with the oncologist Friday.  Jim has been failing daily.  He doesn't have much energy and is eating smaller meals every day. We had to stop the chemo because of side effects. These last labs show just what we expected  CA19-9 was 1934 in april and now is 8598.  CEA has gone from 1.2 to 4.5. My heart is heavy.   Even knowing the future is just not making the whole situation easier.  I have  tried to prepare myself and our 3 daughters but each bump is the road tears at my heart.  I just started my FML on Friday.  I have 14 weeks.  Each day is so short, there is so much I want for us in these last weeks. So we are trying to take one day at a time.  Prayers to all,  Donna

Re: recent lab tumor markers

Dear Donna,

My heart also aches for you and your family.  I know just how you are feeling as I too have been where you are.  My husband, another Jim, was 62 when he passed away from CC.  He died 7 weeks after his first symptoms and only 1 week after it was positively identified as CC.   All I can tell you is to do and say everything that you need to while you can and yes take it one day at a time.  Making sure that Jim is not in any pain or discomfort is the most important thing you can do for him at this point.  Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.  No one knows for sure how these things will play out.  My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.  Please keep in touch as we are all here for you to support and help in any way we can, even if it is just to listen when you need to vent your feelings.  Try to take care of yourself and your daughters too.  You will need to keep each other strong at this sad & stressful time.

With Lots of Love & Hugs,
Darla

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

Re: recent lab tumor markers

Donna,

I am sorry to hear this news about Jim. I agree with Darla in that making sure Jim is not in any pain is so important and also ensuring that he is kept as comfortable as possible. I know this is a tough time for you right now but please try and make the most of these days. And we are all here for you to talk to, to listen to you and to support you all the way.

As you say Donna, one day at a time.

My best to you and Jim,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.