Topic: Another sort of meeting in Chicago

Although, I had a tight schedule we still made it happen.  Our Linda Z, Patty, Barbara and her Mom and I were able to meet up.  Patty is without a car and took the train, Barbara and her Mom conquered the traffic and Linda and I connected, finally.   She took her precious time and fought her way into the city. It made me very happy.

There is something so very special when meeting those we are connected with and yet, have never been able to see in person.  And, nothing beats the great hugs given and received. 

We had a great time.  The three Italians know how to keep a conversation going, right Linda? 

It was fun.  I can't wait to do the same, next year.

Hugs
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

2 (edited by Linda Z Tue, 08 Jun 2010 10:36:31)

Re: Another sort of meeting in Chicago

Our meeting was absolutely enlightening for me!  I know that Marion, Patty, Barbara and her mother (was Stella her name? - sorry) all knew each other already, but I felt that I knew them too and was included as if they knew me.  Our meeting was actually more than just a meeting for me.  I haven't driven into Chicago too often - not too far, usually about an hour ride - but during high-traffic times it can really become more stressful.  Just driving into Chicago has always been intimidating and others have always offered to drive me to doctor visits and such at the University of Chicago Medical Center. 

This time I was determined to step out of my comfort zone and accomplish it myself.  I let too many people in my life say "oh you can't drive it yourself, let so-and-so drive, they/she/he drives it more often."  I had my GPS and was confident that I would find it using that (or by calling and asking for directions), and other than the slow traffic during the rain, it was a very easy drive.

I felt so comfortable with all of these women and felt the connection immediately.  There certainly was no lull in conversation.  Marion, thank you for including me in your meeting and Patty, Barbara and Stella, thank you for your warm welcomes. 

I look forward to getting together again.  It is so nice when I see a post  that I can put a face to the name and picture the person saying the words. 

Marion, I hope that your trip home was a safe one and look forward to more news about the conference!

Linda Z.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

Re: Another sort of meeting in Chicago

Linda....I am glad that you have made it home safely.  I have arrived one hour ago and am glad to be home in my comfort zone.
You are a trooper for driving to Chicago just to be with us especially, when not feeling comfortable with the heavy traffic. And, yes it rained too. 
Thank you so much.  It was a joy meeting you.  I will make sure to notify everyone again when Chicago becomes my next destination.
Best wishes and hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER