Topic: To all my American friends...

I wish you all a very happy 4th of July! What ever you are doing today, celebrating, barbeques, parades or fireworks, I hope that you will all have a great day celebrating the 4th with all of your families!

Have a great day!

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Re: To all my American friends...

Why thank you Gavin. It will be about 108o here today but that won't stop us from going to a friend's pool party. I must admit thought that most of us will be visiting inside rather than outside.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Happy Independence Day from me too !  My brother lives on Long Island so will be celebrating in the pool no doubt.

Hi Lainy,

Wow, 108! Last week we hit the balmy heights of about 79 and that was a very hot day for us here in Scotland! Today we have rain, thunder, gale force winds and a temperature of about 58 here. Just another typical summers day here in Dundee!!

Enjoy your pool party!!

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Hi Everyone,

Thanks Gavin & Jemima,

It is upper 80's hot, humid & windy here in south east Wisconsin.   Not to mention the threat of thunderstorms which haven't developed yet.   I'm inside with AC on.  smile

Darla

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

Thank you Gavin!

I just picked my son and daughter in law up from the airport on Friday night. 

They spent a week in Scotland.  They went to the Oban riding center, a trip to Inverlochy where they stayed in the castle, a trip to Isle of Skye, Dunvegan Castle and island, a stay at the Royal Hotel, then to Eilean Donan, Urquhart Castle and Loch Ness, a cruise on Loch Ness and a stay at Culloden House!  They finished with a round of golf at St. Andrews and a stay at the Rusacks Hotel.

They absolutely loved Scotland and plan on returning at some point!

Hugs!
Pam

My Mom lost her one year battle with CC on April 3, 2009.

"A prognosis is simply an audit of how truly precious each day is.  Live each day to the maximum, celebrate what was, and what is - Don't spend your life looking forward to what will or might be." .... words of wisdom from my beloved son on hearing of his grandmother's CC prognosis.

Hi Pam,

It sounds like your son and daughter in law had a great trip over here and they certainly came at the right time weather wise here as we have just a great 2 weeks with a lot of sun! And from what you say, it sounds like they saw quite a bit of our country which would have taken in a lot of glorious scenery. I went to Oban years ago on a school trip and have also been up north to Loch Ness and Inverness. Did they see the monster in Loch Ness though??? And St Andrews is only about 20 minutes drive from me in Dundee, although I have never played golf on the Old Course. I think they now have 6 golf courses in St Andrews. I hope they managed to enjoy some of the seafood when they were up on the west coast as they have some of the best seafood in the world there. Actually, we get great seafood all around here and Scotland has a great heritage when it comes to fishing. The Arbroath Smokie is a great delicacy and is highly recommended by me!

Glad to hear that they loved Scotland and are planning another visit to our small country! If I can help with recommending anything for them to see/do when the come back then please just ask and I will help if I can.

Hugs to you too!

Gavin